Sunday, May 1, 2011

Round Two Opponents

The San Jose Sharks have made it to round two of the playoffs, like I said earlier.  We're excited about beating LA, but nobody was sure who'd we play in Round Two.  There were two possible opponents: Detroit and Chicago.

1. Detroit Red Wings: The team that always seems to win everything, because they have the best players ever. This is the 20th year in a row they have made the playoffs.  It's always exciting to play against them, because they're a great challenge; it's also sometimes depressing to play against them, because they're really good, so it's easy to lose.

2. Chicago Blackhawks: The team that won the championships last year.  They beat us in the semifinals last year, by winning four games in a row.  They are my dad's favorite team, and it is not very fun in our house when our team plays the Blackhawks.

It was decided that our opponent is going to be the Detroit Red Wings. That's going to be interesting.

I went to the game on Friday, and it was really fun and exciting.  The best part was that there weren't too many Detroit fans at the game.  Usually, Detroit fans come in a huge swarm, and they do obnoxious things like pick fights with strangers and throw octopuses onto the ice.  But most of them stayed at home yesterday, which was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the old octopus on the ice tradition. A crowd favorite.
As a lifetime Detroiter I am more than aware that our off-ice behavior is less than polite. I've been told it's a hockey thing, but I guess that's not much of an excuse, huh?

~Emily

fratele said...

If LA lose, I hope Chicago will rule the ICE!! Yeah!!
Take that San Joe Sharks!!!!

3D###Boy said...

Sorry, again I forgot that my dad was logged in!