Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Outtakes

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a fun game, but the last level is pretty tough. It requires you to do about ten minutes of gaming without any mistakes at all.

I went to the level with 60 lives, figuring that would be enough to get me through to the end.

...I was wrong.



The outtakes video is a full hour of me playing through the galaxy, and failing every single time. The commentary is live, and I ran out of things to talk about after ten minutes, so I talk about all sorts of random topics like Mario Teaches Typing and why I didn't like the Classic NES Games series for the GBA.

The ending to the video, which couldn't have gone better if I had planned it, is me finally making it to the very end of the level, and standing in the safe spot so I can catch my breath for a moment and then kill the final three enemies.

...And somehow, the game cheated, and I got killed. This is in the safe spot where you're not supposed to get killed, ever.

So that's me coming as close as possible to the end of the galaxy, on my second-to-last life, and losing.  It was a fitting end to a video of failure.

I'm going to play this galaxy again, next week, with a surprise strategy which (I hope) will let me actually win without losing.  If not, this will be the final video in the video walkthrough.

5 comments:

3D###Boy said...

Hah! 60 lives and you lose every time! But this is not bad. I mean..... I had 100 lives and I lost every time. I think your more Super Ace not like me. Good luck for the next week. I hope your strategy will work.

3D###Boy said...

At the forth section of the world everything is about logic. You need to discover the rhythm that those electric ropes move. It's not so simple. But try to have a song in mind and see if the rhythm of the song it's exactly with the rhythm of those electric ropes.

3D###Boy said...

Sorry, my mistake! It was the fifth section not the forth!

Alex said...

I'm happy to say I watched the entire thing!

Chad said...

Hah! 60 lives and you lose every time! But this is not bad. I mean..... I had 100 lives and I lost every time. I think your more Super Ace not like me. Good luck for the next week. I hope your strategy will work.