Sunday, April 17, 2011

Playoffs, Round One

Just like last year, the San Jose Sharks have made the playoffs.  For the first time ever, they're going up against the Los Angeles Kings.

Go Sharks!

I went to the game on Saturday, and it was exciting for the first three minutes or so. Everyone did the "BEAT L.A." chant that they do when the San Francisco Giants play their rivals, the L.A. Dodgers.

But then the Sharks played really badly and lost, 4 to 0.



They handed out cheering towels at the game.  You're supposed to wave the towel around and cheer on the team.  At my house, we call them "crying towels", because we use them to wipe away our tears after the team loses.  Our family has quite a collection of crying towels from over the years; we save all of them, because they make great cleaning rags.

Now the series is tied at one game apiece, in a "best out of seven" competition.  Let's see if the Sharks can turn things around and actually play well in the next game.

In other playoff news, I've grown a playoff beard again this year.  It's a hockey tradition to grow a beard during playoffs, because it brings good luck for your team.  Once your team loses, though, you have to shave.  My playoff beard last year wasn't so good, because it was kind of small and patchy.  This year, I grew my beard a few weeks early, so now I'm at Official Beard Status, instead of "Did Michael forget to shave this morning?" status.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I typed in Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton in Google and then I saw something in one of the links.... :( It said that Capcom is not planning on releasing the game here in America and the UK unless we show more support for the series.... :( What should we do to convince them?!?!?!?! :( If u don't believe me here's the link!!!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104551-Professor-Layton-Phoenix-Wright-Crossover-for-Japan-Only-Says-Capcom

From, N.E.W.

My Blog said...

let's see he beard!!

Anonymous said...

*the

Anonymous said...

Awww! I bet you look really cute with your beard! ;)

3D###Boy said...

Sorry Michael for your team but I am with the Los Angeles Kings! Go L.A., GO!!!!

3D###Boy said...

I don't know why I like so much L.A.. I think because I see a lot of pictures of L.A. that's it.