Friday, April 22, 2011

Ocarina of Time: 3D

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D comes out on July 12th.  I'm kind of excited for the game, but so far, none of the advance previews look very good.

I've read three or so articles that preview the game, and they all rave about the new graphics.  The reviewers rant and rave about how the graphics are new and totally different from the original, but to be honest, I don't see it.  I've seen the pictures of the game, and from what I can tell, it's an exact remake of the original game, just like Super Mario 64 DS or Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.  The graphics are updated, to be sure, but the game is still exactly the same as the original.  There have been no screenshots released of any new scenes or characters or enemies; it all looks just like the original game, with newer graphics.

This brings up the question, "What is new about this game?  Is it just the original game with nicer graphics?"  So far, we have learned that there are three new things:

  1. Ocarina of Time: Master Quest.  This is an alternate version of the game that was released on the GameCube. Basically, it's the same game with slightly modified dungeons.
  2. Boss Battle Mode, where you can refight any boss or fight all the bosses at once.
  3. The Super Guide, from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2, where the game basically plays itself for you, in case you're totally stuck and don't know what to do next.

Of course, no matter what the game is like, everyone is going to give Ocarina of Time 3D a 10 out of 10 rating.  I wouldn't mind playing the game myself, but since I don't own a 3DS, and I'm not going to purchase one at any time in the foreseeable future, I guess I'll sit this game out for now.


Those of you who are interested in the original Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time should check out my surprisingly popular video walkthrough for this game.  I say "surprisingly popular" because there at least fifty walkthroughs for this game in existence.  I never thought my walkthrough would get a lot of playtime in the face of so much "competition".

4 comments:

3D###Boy said...

I wish play Ocarina of Time 3D. ;))

Diana said...

I am playing it currently. I got killed by a lifelike in the water temple and accidentally lost my shield and tunic so boo! Now I'm stuck in the vortex room! double boo! Wish me luck everyone!

3D###Boy said...

Good Luck Diana!

3D###Boy said...

:* :*