Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Library's Videogames

I went to the library this past weekend to return my copy of Kingdom Hearts--more on that tomorrow--when I noticed the library's videogame section has expanded.

The library used to get videogames when they first came out. For example, the library got 50 copies of Super Smash Brothers Brawl when it was released.  But when the economy died in 2008, they stopped getting new videogames all together.

Therefore, I was completely surprised to find out that the videogame program has restarted. Now I can check out all the recent videogames that I was interested in playing, but not interested enough to buy, such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

But that's not all!  The videogame section expanded to DS games.  So now they have the entire Professor Layton series and Chrono Trigger and other games like that.

Now, I have come to an official decision.  I am no longer going to sell my old videogames to a store like GameStop for store credit.  Instead, I will donate them to the library.  And I think it's donation time right now!  I'm sure the library will get more use out of some of these games than I would.

7 comments:

3D###Boy said...

Well for me is not so surprising. I know that will be such a day, when even the library's will do everything to make money. Hmmm...... Interesting! :o :?

Diana said...

My library doesn't have a big videogame section...so jealous!

danniyel95 said...

You're really lucky to have such a good library near you... you can play a lot of games without having to buy then :0

Twizzler206 said...

Your library has Brawl!!!???? Luckyy!!! My library barely even HAS a videogame section. All they have are computer games for 5 year olds. But they have some Nancy Drew games but I have them and have finished them.

Kira said...

It's official: I WANT YOUR LIBRARY!!! Mine just has books, music, and DVD's ... all the regular, standard library stuff. :-/

3D###Boy said...

The modern library's will have more and more videogames and less books. COOLL!!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! If you choose to try out other games to walkthrough, PLEASE do Chrono Trigger!! ;D