Monday, April 4, 2011

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories

Like I said yesterday, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts!  Or at least, I tried to play Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts is the super-popular videogame series where you explore all sorts of animated Disney movies and deal with the characters.  And Final Fantasy is somehow involved.  I don't know much about it, but it's a Disney RPG, and everyone loves it, and many people say I should play it because I'll love it.

So I went to the library and picked up the only Kingdom Hearts game they had: Kingdom Hearts: [Insert Stupid Name That Makes No Sense]I mean, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories. I had an hour of free time, so I played the game for an hour.

I had no idea what was going on at any point of the game, and I couldn't stop laughing the whole time.  It wasn't very enjoyable, gameplay-wise, but I had a lot of fun nonetheless.  Here are some highlights:
  1. The part where I guessed wrong about the main character's gender.
  2. The part where I fail the tutorial.
  3. The part where our hero meets Leon, and I do all sorts of stupid voices for the dialogue.
I recorded the whole hour of gameplay, with my commentary, and that's going to show up on YouTube sometime soon (i.e. once my current video walkthroughs are finished).

11 comments:

3D###Boy said...

I didn't played Kingdom of Hearts yet, but I see some screenshots and I think I will download the torrent from The Pirates Bay.

Miriam said...

Ooh, be careful about uploading Kingdom Hearts..I've heard that Disney gets mad at people who post videos of it. Some of the most popular YouTube walkthroughers (yep, I just made that a word) say they wish they could play that for a walkthrough, but are scared of Disney reporting it. That's why almost no Disney movies can be found on YouTube.. :/ I don't want to see your account get suspended!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Kingdom Hearts also a manga?
anyways, cant wait!

Anonymous said...

I haven't played it Kingdom Hearts but I've heard that it's a good series.

P.S. Has anybody here ever played the game Tales of Symphonia? I don't have it but I am watching a Let's Play of it and it looks like a really good game and I'm thinking about getting it.

Anonymous said...

you need to play the first kingdom heart games to understand it

Diana said...

Can't wait to see it, but watch out for Disney...dun dun dun DUN!

Anonymous said...

You thought Sora was a girl? Hehehehheehe(; (I did too, at first :3 ) -Pyro<3

3D###Boy said...

Thanks for information Miriam. I will be careful by uploading them.
But, Can anybody tell me please where I can buy Kingdom Hearts in Europe? Please. Thanks. :)

Katherine Ariail said...

I must say, I've played the Kingdom Heart Series and I loved everyone one the games...except Chain of Memories. I hated the card system. They story was weak. In my opinion, it's unfortunate that's the game you're trying first... Please don't shun the other games because Chain of Memories is terrible(again, in my opinion). I really recommend playing the first one if you get the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Michael, Re: Chain of Memories isn't very good. The first game is excellent. The second game is good. 358/2 Days is good. Birth by Sleep is good. Don't trust the ones that have Re: in front of them. They will be bad. Other than that, play the other games: don't let the Re: ones throw you off!

Anonymous said...

Well I did enjoy Re:Chain of Memories since one you played the game in 3D graphics . And two they were many new things in it. I mean the card system is kind of not that good and they should have stuck to the original format of the whole use the keyblade to kill stuff. But overall it was good.