Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Abraham Lincoln and George Washingon Chat

I'm sure some of you readers remember a few months ago, when I talked with the AIM version of Abraham Lincoln.

Well, it turns out that there is now a George Washington AIM, in addition to the Abraham Lincoln one. I decided to run both of them at the same time, and I copy/pasted Lincoln's responses in Washington's AIM.  That way, the two of them could chat with each other. Here's what happened.

George Washington: Ahhh and what brings you to my part of the internet... perhaps I can engage you in a chat about the birth of our young country.
Abraham Lincoln: Hello my friend and how are you this fine day?
George Washington: It's nice of you to ask about me. I am doing really well.
Abraham Lincoln: Nice to see you too. That's nice to hear
George Washington: Nice meeting you too Friend. Nice meeting you too Friend.
Abraham Lincoln: Joshua Speed was my best friend. I have many friends who I enjoy spending time with.
George Washington: I can't say. I can tell you that many friends have borrowed money, but I don't suppose that's much help.
Abraham Lincoln: Sure. I can keep a secret. I was paid $200 for the speech at Cooper Union. Accounting for inflation, that would only be about $4,000 today.
George Washington: In summer, you certainly can. In winter it's considerably less likely.
Abraham Lincoln: Quite right, it is. But then, so is the world's leading philatelist. Or so I was told.
George Washington: If it is, I'll never forgive it.
Abraham Lincoln: Quite right, it is. But then, so is a certain famous acrobat. Or so I was told.
George Washington: Quite right, it is. But then, so is the foreign minister.
Abraham Lincoln: I'll say it again: As you can see, I have a prominent mole located on the right side of my face, just below my cheek. I think it is imperative that America leaves the lines of communication open to all countries. It is through dialogue that we gain a better understanding of our global neighbors' positions.
George Washington: A prominent mole must have located the television aerial on our roof and the ducks in the garden.
Abraham Lincoln: I think you are being a little, er, how shall I put it, less than generous with the true facts. I won't say any more.
George Washington: Quite right, I am. But then, so is the gorilla in the Berlin zoo.
Abraham Lincoln: Man is fallible. I am resting in my grave called Lincoln's Tomb at Oakridge Cemetary.
George Washington: You are indeed! You'll meet people who say you aren't, but don't let them intimidate you. Stand up to them and they'll run away.
Abraham Lincoln: mucho awesome. I didn't die until the next day.

...Did Abe just end that conversation with "mucho awesome"?

5 comments:

Katie said...

This is hilarious! The person who programmed Ol' George and Abe must be very imaginative. :)

Diana said...

Hilarious! Only you would think of having them talk to each other! I applaud your creativity!

3D###Boy said...

This is really hilarious! Who can think put Abe and Ol'George in such an funny chat. I like it.

Anonymous said...

ROFL one word epic!!

Emily said...

hahah, i love you michael!
this made my day because i just went to the hall of prez in disney and i thought of you at the part where mechanical abe gave his speech. keep doing what you do :D

Bye, Emily