Saturday, April 2, 2011

The 3DS Recap

The Nintendo 3DS has been out for a week now.  Personally, I haven't purchased a 3DS yet, because it's too expensive, gimmicky, and I don't want to play any of the 3DS games they've made.  But I'm still interested in seeing what's been going on with the 3DS, so I looked up the latest news stories about the system.

1. Nintendo says that it is their best-selling handheld system EVER. But when asked how many copies they sold, Nintendo refused to comment.

2. The 3DS has some hardware problems, and Nintendo is already recommending that people install their latest software update.  According to IGN's official poll, about a third of the people who own a 3DS have had it crash unexpectedly.

3. The 3DS is comes with a lot of fancy applications, like a Mii creator and a pedometer. Unfortunately, it looks like they weren't able to finish two of the applications in time: the Internet browser, and the Virtual Console.  I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not, but it seems kind of unfair.

4. By this time, I was hoping to find some positive news.  Well, there is some good news.  We have new pictures of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS.  There was a huge hoopla made about how the remake is completely different than the original, but to be honest, they kind of look exactly the same.  The new version just has updated graphics, that's all.

9 comments:

Diana said...

Yay...I guess? I'm not planning on purchasing a 3DS unless either Miles Edgeworth 2 or Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton is released here, which there is no chance of...
*cries her heart out*

3D###Boy said...

Yay... (I guess) the newest technology fails again My mother was right. This new technology is so poor and weak. And.... It's true. LOL'z! But I tell to my mother that I want too a 3DS, but she says it is to expensive and she tell me that I just need to wait until everybody(Ok maybe a huge part of people from the Earth) will have this touchscreen phones, iPods, 3DS.....etc. So... I will wait ''cries his heart loud''.

3D###Boy said...

I want to die......!!@!@!!!@@!@

Kira said...

That's why I'm letting everyone else be the 3DS's guinea pig! I haven't gotten one yet, mainly because they're so expensive (as much as a Wii!). However, that won't stop me from asking for one this Christmas, when Nintendo has fixed up all the glitches and has better games out by then for it.

3D###Boy said...

I think I will just be happy with my computer. I don't want to be a 3DS guinea pig like Kira says.

Anonymous said...

i have a 3DS it hasn't crashed...

Anonymous said...

I got a 3ds for my B-day. You can get the internet through a system update. The only thing I think is bad about it is that EVERYTHING for it is SOOO expensive! Even more than other things for the DS and DSI.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to get a 3DS. I'm fine my plain DS Lite. Some of my friends think I'm weird because I don'y get fancy new stuff. The only thing I tell them is that I'm oldshcool and still play Zelda:OoT on a N64 and don't need a remake of it. (Who else thinks that making a remake of somthing just ruins it?)

Anonymous said...

the 3ds sounds stupid and by the way i have a dsi and im happy with it and whats the big deal with 3d its like OMG its 3d lets go buy it

who agrees with me