Friday, April 1, 2011

Rewriting The Crooked Bannister

Time for some April Fools Day fun! Remember Nancy Drew: The Crooked Bannister?  That's Book #48 in the Nancy Drew series.  I haven't exactly read the whole book, but I did manage to find the pictures from the book.  Let's see if I can write out what happens in the book, based off of the pictures.



In the kitchen, Nancy met a strange metallic beast called "The Hug Bot 2000".  "What you need is a hug!" the robot said. It wrapped its arms around Nancy.

"Help!" Nancy screamed. "Help!"

The robot pulled her tighter. "My programming says that hugging makes everything better."

"Ew, NO!" Nancy said. "I have a boyfriend! Leave me alone, you creepy robot!"

"Hugs! Hugs! Huuuuuuuugs!" the robot cried, as its programming started to malfunction.  Fortunately, Nancy's friend George was able to reprogram the robot before it killed Nancy.



Nancy was five feet above the river of burning water. The only thing that stood between her and death was her grip on Ned's shoe.

"Ned!" Nancy cried. "Don't move an inch!  I could fall at any moment!"

"Uh oh," Ned said.

"Uh oh what?" Nancy asked.

"I forgot to tie my shoes today," Ned said sheepishly.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Nancy screamed as she fell towards the flames.  But then, she remembered that she had a jetpack.  She quickly turned it on and flew to safety.

12 comments:

3D###Boy said...

I don't know what to say? I don't understand the book very well? Hmmm....

Airam said...

LOL!

Diana said...

Lol! Happy April Fools' Day! Hmm is that really a happy thing...

Sofia said...

Ha, I guess Nancy kept the jet pack from Haunting of Castle Malloy as a little souvenir. Looks like it came in handy. ;3

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does it look like the robot is singing?

Kira said...

That robot is definitely creepy ...

3D###Boy said...

Happy April Fool's Day Everybody! God Bless You All!

Anonymous said...

Wooooooooooooooooooow

Emily said...

You should write your own book
'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

Emily is right, it's impossible for Nancy to have a jet pack, there are no strips on her shoulders!

Anonymous said...

Did the book really say that? Or did you make up your own?

Canada said...

Mario games have always had great music. Who hasn't found themselves whistling or humming one of the iconic Mario tunes? This game has some really cool new music, as well as some remixes/revamps of classic Mario music. When I found myself in the first of the Koopa Kid castles and I heard the original music from Super Mario Bros 3(??), I was ecstatic.