Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Health and Eating Habits

Now that I'm older, I've noticed that my eating habits have changed.  I first noticed this about three years ago, when I was having a packet of M&M's as a snack.  I ate about half of the M&M's, then I put them away because I wasn't hungry anymore.

My friend Adrianna was shocked, and she pointed out what I did.  I decided I didn't want to eat candy anymore.  This is Sign #1 of becoming old, or at least, that's what all the college kids agreed.  College kids will eat almost anything, and so they consider it almost a sacrilege to buy candy and not eat it.

The same thing has happened with soda.  I used to drink soda all the time as a kid.  But now, after I have two glasses of soda, I switch to water.  If I try to have more soda, my body doesn't really accept it, and I feel weird.

So I can't have as much soda as I used to, and I can't have as much candy as I used to.  I guess that, in general, my body can't process as much sugar anymore.  I can only imagine this trend will continue, to the point where I will never have sugar at all, like a diabetic.

I actually have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, due to heart problems, so there actually is a chance that I might have to change my diet. I'll let you know what happens.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heart problems? That's spooky. I hope everything is ok.

Molly said...

Heart problems? Sigh, I had some of those myself a few months ago (high pulse rate). Hope everything's okay. Love the Nancy Drew videos by the way. They really help game play go by a lot faster.

Anonymous said...

Heart problems? I hope everything ok. Make sure you let us know how you are.

Kay

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well at the doctors tomorrow. I also want to say................ YOUR NANCY DREW VIDEOS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are amazing and you are awesome!!!! I can not put it into words how awesome I think you and the Nancy Drew videos are!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well at the doctors tomorrow. I also want to say................ YOUR NANCY DREW VIDEOS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are amazing and you are awesome!!!! I can not put it into words how awesome I think you and the Nancy Drew videos are!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for posting it twice! I'm not crazy!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not even close to your age and even now I've found that certain sugary things (like A&W root beer) that I used to love when I was younger now seem *too* sweet and I can only have so much before my body says "Okay, sugar overload!" and it no longer seems appealing.

I agree with what everyone else said about your heart problems. I hope it's not too serious. :)

--J.F.

Alana said...

Heart problems? :\

I hope it's nothing too serious and that you're okay!

Diana said...

I hope all goes well at the doctor tomorrow! You're in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

i hope everything goes great at the doctors



marie

Emma said...

<3 i hope everythings ok michael! love you!

Manda said...

I used to love Stewarts Orange 'n Cream soda, so I was very sad when I had one recently and it just tasted gross to me. I miss being a kid...

Lynniepoo87 said...

Michael, actually, I have to disagree with you. You are an adult the moment you start WANTING to sleep!

eye lift guide said...

Eating habits are so essential for our health. This article is explain various condition and different habits of eating.