Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doctor's Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment today.  It took me about 20 minutes to get there, because my GPS insisted that I make a big one-mile circle around the general area, twice.  It went something like this.

GPS: Turn right.
Michael: Okay. (turns right)
GPS: Just kidding! Loop around and try again.
Michael: Rrrrrr!

When I drove back home, the GPS picked the five-minute route, which contains a grand total of two right hand turns.  I need a new GPS.

I went in for heart/chest problems.  I don't know why, but that part of my body has been hurting latlely.  It usually shows up at 6:45, when we do the daily walking rosary, but it also happens at other times of the day.

The doctor's diagnosis is that I have gastritis, a stomach acid problem which is going up to the esophagus and causing pains.  I'm not 100% sure how stomach problems can lead to chest pains, but he's the doctor, not me.  He wants me to take his fancy pills every day and return in 4 to 6 weeks.

Also, he wants me to stop drinking anything that tastes good, because that could upset my stomach.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad its not your heart.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better!


Jessica

Anonymous said...

i get that all the time! its called acid reflux, but alot of people call it heartburn. its not actually your heart, thats just where it feels like the pain is..
hope you get better!

Anonymous said...

you should try updating your gps on your computer. a lot of people don't know that you have to do that but it really helps with directions

Anonymous said...

My mother had the same problem and she went to the ER because of her acid reflux. She was sure she was having a heart attack. Thank god it wasn't!

Diana said...

Get better soon Michael! You are still in my prayers!

dr.david-dan said...

I am so sorry for you! I will try to find what is the best way to stop this problems!

dr.david-dan said...

I know now! Combien the food corectilie and stop drinking acid drinks Ok. Yuo wiil dont need medicines if you do this. I hope we can be friends. Bye!

Twizzler206 said...

I have Acid Reflux and when I first got it it sucked big time. I was up till 3 AM because of my stomach but it went away after I started talking the pills Mr.Doctor gave me. I am soooo glad I can swollow pills because before I started pills I had to drink the liquid and it was DISGUSTING