Friday, January 28, 2011

iPhone, iPod Touch

From what I understand, the iPhone is a super fancy phone that makes phone calls, connects to the Internet, plays music, records video, and plays "apps".  I don't know what apps are, but they can apparently do everything, from checking your blood sugar to translating ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.

If I ever got an iPhone, I would basically use it to watch videos and read things.  I would probably get a few games, too, just to see what they're like.  I wouldn't use it to make phone calls, and I'm not sure about those app things.

I was talked with my friends Chris and Paul about iPhones recently, and Paul told me you have to pay $60 a month for an iPhone.  And they only have two year programs.  So, that's about $1500, not including the price of the iPhone itself.  Ouch!  I can't afford that.

Chris told me about the iPod Touch, which I've heard about, but I don't know what it is.  It turns out that the iPod Touch is not an iPod.  It's an iPhone, without the phone.  It has the apps, Internet, music, video camera, and everything else, except the phone.  The best part is that you don't have to pay $60 a month for phone services.

So I was thinking that I should probably get an iPod Touch, because it has all of the features of the iPhone that I would use, minus the large monthly fees I can't afford.  But then Chris told me that the iPod Touch costs $400.  Ouch again!

All in all, it looks like I won't get an iAnything, because they cost a lot of money, and all my money is going towards a new car right now.  I'm getting the car this weekend--cars are cheaper when you buy at the end of the month--so stay tuned to learn what kind of car I'll get!  I'm hoping for a Prius, but the person who is paying the majority of the money (i.e. Dad) gets the final say.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Guess What! There's a Professor Layton movie! U can only find it on YouTube in english though.... :/ They decided that they wouldn't release it in America....:/ Here's the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKW2d0pf90 It takes them a while till they press play by the way...lol :D GREAT movie! They're making a second one as I write this! :D N.E.W.

Cat said...

Also, the iPod touch (also called the iTouch) can only access the Internet via wi-fi, which means you have to be near a router. The reason the iPhone costs so much every month is because you have internet access everywhere you have cell service, and its really good service/access (well, for a phone anyways).

Anonymous said...

The iPod touch only costs $400 if you get the one with, like, 32GB. Mine has 8GB and it costed about $170.

Anonymous said...

My iPod touch is 32GB, 3rd generation, and cost only about $200! I guess it was because, when I got it, the "IPad" was in, and Ipod touches weren't really selling!! Lucky me;) !!! Acually, I'm using my iPod right now to write this! :P I have wifi at home! Love you Micheal!!!!!

Anonymous said...

apps are basically games, books and stuff I think.... :) like for example....this app! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w028TaMxGmE :)

Kira said...

iPods aren't bad. I have an 8-gig myself, which works pretty well for me. I heard somewhere that there is a way to turn your iPod Touch into a phone, but I'm not sure if that's true. You can, however, get texting with a free texting app.

Sammy said...

My brother got an ipod touch for Chirstmas. It was $225.00 I think it is really cool. And the best part is...that he is letting me get the moble mystery for it! :) I just have to pay for it. I think that if you decided to get an itouch, you would like it. Most of the apps are free, and you get the apps with itunes gift cards or app gift cards.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, most of that stuff is over rated anyway. In my opinion, it's only good for listening to music.

Lexi said...

Lol! I have an iPod Touch and my mom has an iPhone, the iPod is easier to use cause there is more room for music and videos instead of holding stuff like phone #'s. Also, There are really cool cases for the iPod Touch. Around Christmas iPod's are on sale for like 200$ instead of 400 at Best Buy :)