Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thoughts On My Last Video




I just made a forty-six minute video, which was an interesting experience.  Here are my thoughts:
  • This video is way too long.
  • I can't talk for forty-five minutes straight.
  • Deku Shrub Link is a really useless character.
  • Did I mention that doing the commentary takes forever?  I mean, wow.  It takes forever to come up with forty-five minutes of halfway decent commentary.
  • Editing takes a long time, too.
  • Okay, the commentary about brooms was sub-par, but I've been doing this for so long, and I'm so close to finishing that I don't care enough to re-record.
  • I really don't like Wii Sports.  The controls stink, and the sports aren't fun.
  • It takes two hours for the computer to put the video together.
  • It takes two hours to upload the video to Youtube.
  • Whoops, one of the sound bytes is off!  Looks like I have to fix that.
  • Two more hours of the computer putting the video together.
  • Two more hours of uploading.
  • This is taking way too long.
  • The comments on the video are going to be all over the board, aren't they?
All in all, I think I won't make super-long videos again, for the sake of my sanity.  But the recording schedule stays as planned.  I finish with Majora's Mask, then I make the 1000 videos vlog!  The number of questions has reached 319, and...oh man, I don't like super-long videos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow 45 minutes wow michael wow that is all i can say wow.
- Erika

diana said...

When you said "I dont want to listen to myself talk for 45 minutes" i was like "Thats ok michael i want to"
I loved you rant on wii sports i dont really like it either...
brooms? lol i loved this video but

Airam said...

Oh wow, well good look with the new Vlog, i'll keep praying for you!