Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Fabulousness

There are fun comments on my recent blog post about the upcoming horror film, Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure.  Technically, it's not a horror film, but I'm sure it will inspire horror in many who watch it.  Once again, here's the preview:



Now for the comments!

First off, Sharpay's ugly dog. You might recall that this dog appeared randomly in the High School Musical movies, even though dogs don't belong in high school.  It turns out that the dog belongs to the movie director.  Mr. Director wanted his dog in the movie, so he put the dog in the movie.

Now, no offense to Mr. Director, but his dog is kind of...ugly. Plus, it didn't belong in the movies.

Upon closer inspection, it appears that they have replaced Mr. Director's Ugly Dog with a new dog, which is decidedly less ugly and probably better trained.  Therefore, I take back what I said about the dog in this movie being ugly.  A thousand apologies to the dog and its owners.

Second, I'm pretty sure the name "Sharpay" is simply the French version of "Sharpee".  As in, the marker. People make up weird names nowdays...

Third, Holden Caufield is a whiner. About six times in the book, he goes off on a one to two page whining spree about how he wants to call Jane Gallagher, but he's afraid to.  And in the end, he never calls her, and you wonder why that was even put in the book.

I dunno, I liked Holden, but I read the other books by J.D. Salinger, and they're all exactly the same (only a lot worse), so I lost my taste for his writing.  Hearing him whine about how everyone else is a horrible person, and children are so beautiful, and everyone else is horrible, and I wish I were a deaf/mute so I would never have to deal with other people again, because everyone else is horrible, and why don't they care about the ducky duck ducks and, God, other people are just horrible, and....you get the idea. Salinger has a real hang-up about how he hates other people.  Which, I suppose, is why he was a hermit who never left his house.

Fourth, I don't think Disney is making the Sharpay movie, just because Tron bombed at the box office.  Disney had this planned before Tron bombed.

And what the heck is Tron, anyway?  I hear it's some movie which bombed in the 80's.  So they remade it, and it bombed again?  That was kind of a dumb decision.  The previews don't help very much, either, because they were confusing and didn't make the movie look good.

8 comments:

Kira said...

Personally, I thought the new Tron movie looked kind of interesting from the preview I saw when I went to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. That doesn't mean I'll see it in theaters anytime soon, though ... no, maybe if it gets good reviews I'll watch it later on DVD. Although I heard the old Tron movie was really bad ...

Anonymous said...

The original Tron didn't do as well at the box office but it developed a cult following and Tron: Legacy is more a sequel than a remake and its doing pretty well so far. Still, if you're going to see a movie with Jeff Bridges in it during the holidays, go with True Grit. It is awesome! As for Sharpay, my theory is that she was originally Maddie from The Suite Life series but then she was brainwashed by London Tipton.

Winky Go Moo said...

I wouldn't say that Tron: Legacy has bombed just yet. It's been out for only about a week, so it'll have some more time to make money. Just because it doesn't get a lot one week doesn't mean it won't in the next. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, has anyone heard of George Sampson? CRAZY, AWESOME break dancer! :D He was on Britain's Got Talent, and he impressed SIMON! :O Check him out on YouTube!!!!!! Haha! :)Especially his last dance on the final! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFqqlkDWG8Y&feature=related

Diana said...

I havent seen Tron and frankly, seeing all these comments... not planning on it...

Anonymous said...

Tron Legacy is about this guy who's looking for his father. And it turns out his father was trapped in the video game. So, he goes inside the video game to save him.

I went to see it because I had a free ticket. It was pretty to look at. But what bothered me most was that the plot had a great emotional oppurtunity and the father/son relationship was just =/ Watch How To Train Your Dragon for great father/son moments not this movie. Unless you're bored and have nothing to do this Christmas

Janie said...

But where DO the ducks go? haha only joking. Holden may be a whiner but most teenagers are, especially in their awkward transition from adolescence to adulthood. I personally liked catcher in the rye but I know lots of people who share your feelings. s'all good! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I didn't like the Trom movie from the 80's. But Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure looks like a good movie. It's an appealing movie to girls, not dudes. And I will disagree with you about the dog. The dog is really cute. And it's really funny when she said "It's a closet with a tounge." :/