Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve, and this has kind of been an interesting holiday season.  It doesn't really feel very Christmas-like, because there was a lot less planning and things going on this year than there were in years past.

The TV hasn't been very Christmasy, either. Usually, there are all sorts of Christmas movies and TV shows.  But this year, not much got shown besides The Santa Clause movies.  Those are fun, but where are the other Christmas movies?  And what happened to the animated Rudolph specials?  I think the Christmas channel--ABC Family--has stopped airing them, and put the Harry Potter movies in their place.  You can't fool me, ABC Family.  Harry Potter is not a Christmas movie!

I guess it also doesn't feel Christmasy, because my sisters have been busy with school and work. It's really only been me and Snickers at the house this year.  I tried getting him to wear a Santa hat, but he didn't like it.

Unless there's a Christmas Miracle today, Mom's gift isn't arriving in time for Christmas.  I ordered it from eBay, and I thought I was purchasing from a US seller, but it turns out I bought it from someone in Britain.  The last time I had something shipped from Britain, their government confiscated it for an extra month, as part of their routine anti-terrorist measures.  I'm guessing the bobbies at Scotland Yard decided to hold my books hostage again. They really don't want me to read for some reason.

Mom tried to make Christmas fudge this year, but she didn't follow the recipe and ended up making fudge-like slop.  I mean, I'm not a very good cook, but even I know that you use aluminum foil to cover a pan of fudge, whereas Mom put the foil inside the pan and poured fudge batter on top of it.  Of course, this meant that when she put the fudge in the oven, it didn't heat up enough, and it's stuck to the aluminum foil.

But even if this Christmas season has been kind of strange, Merry Christmas to everyone!

And here's this year's Phoenix Wright Christmas video!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. I feel sorry for you. :(

mysterydrew said...

Ah, just your luck. LOl MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Kira said...

Merry Christmas Eve! It seems impossible to me that Christmas has come so quickly ... I'm not quite sure I'm ready for it.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! That sucks! I'll pray for a miracle 4 u! :) Haha! :) Merry Christmas Eve! :D It's come WAY too quick! :/ OH WELL! At least we get to sleep in and everything! :D There is also the fact that Jesus is born! :D SOOOOO xcited about tonight! We're going to church for something about Christmas Eve (Obviously) and then we're opening PRESENTS! :D Well, also we're about to go eat Christmas dinner (Actually, we call it "Supper", but what ever! ;D)! :D :D :D YUMMY! :D

Karen said...

I am sorry that things are not going well for you. At lest you can spend time with the family tommarow.

I don't know about you but the ABC Family channel that we have has shown some of the claymation cartoons and even a few older Disney cartoons.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Have a Merry Christmas! Sorry that it isn't going so great right now, but it's going to get way better.

Alex C. said...

Merry Christmas!!:):)

Anonymous said...

It's the same for me.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Twizzler206 said...

Merry X-Mas Micheal!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Michael!!!!!!!!! ;D Hope it goes well for u! ;D

Anonymous said...

Haha! LOVED the Phoenix Wright thing! :D I'm gonna be playing the second game pretty soon! :D :D :D :D :D SOOOOOO XCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Belated Merry Christmas to you, Michael! And God bless! :) Sorry that Christmas has been less than perfect for you this year. I hope it has not dampened your mood too much...I've had a strange holiday, too. But I think it turned out be a mostly good strange...except for having no snow whatsoever. :(

--J.F.

Diana said...

Phoenix Wright!!! yay!