Monday, November 8, 2010

Who Done It - Revisited

Remember two weeks ago, when I asked people to guess who the culprit of Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge is?  There were 48 responses.

Well, now that we know who the culprit really is, it's kind of fun to go back and see who was right. Some of the creative theories turned out to be wrong.

Personally, I was amused at the shadow puppets clue.  In the game, Nancy finds a book about shadow puppets, which is a major clue, because the culprit can do shadow puppets.  But...it turns out that it's Rentaro's book, given to Yumi by Miwako at the request of Takae.  So the major clue ends up being not very helpful at all.  I thought that was funny.

11 comments:

Emma said...

I was so disappointed at the culprit of the game. They were my favorite character :(

Stephanie said...

Dang it, I was so upset with the culprit.
It made me want to cry.

Johnny said...

I have finished the game and everything, but for those who haven't, a spoiler warning for this post would be nice.

Balin said...

I wasn't even close.

Diana said...

I knew it! I knew it! kinda sad because, like most people, the culprit was my favorite character but i still knew it!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT! maybe the villain is gonna be more interesting next game.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting the person to be the culprit but they are still my favorite character. :)

Zoe said...

I WAS FINALLY RIGHT!!!! I knew it would be him because he was my FAVORITE character and my favorite character IS ALWAYS THE CULPRIT!!!

Ela said...

The culprit was my favorite.. D:
When the culprit was shown I was like, "Oh no, why does it have to the crowd favorite? WHYYY?" xD

Molly said...

Alas, though I have not finished the game yet, (by the way, I just lost the game), I have figured out, using my epic awesomeness and by the clues of the "MY FAVORITE CHARACTER :(" who the culprit is. Who is also my favorite character. :(

But all good things must come to an end. Just tell me, which option at the end is better? I will of course be trying it both times, but I'd like to save the better for last.

Balin said...

@Molly: Like in real life, being nice, and giving a second chance, is the better option in the game. At least, that's my opinion.