Tuesday, November 9, 2010

School Work

Is it the end of the year yet? It feels like it, because my end-of-year presentations are coming up soon.  Normally, classes have the final presentation/paper after Thanksgiving, so you can work on them over the break.  But for some reason, my end-of-year presentations this year all happen before Thanksgiving, i.e. right now.

The presentation for Spanish is about a city of my own choice.  I don't know what city I'll pick yet.  The paper/presentation for Spirituality class is on Celtic Spirituality, which is a fancy way of saying that it's about religion in Ireland during the 300's to the 800's.  The 300's is when Saint Patrick came to Ireland and made religion very interesting there, and the 800's (or whereabouts) is when Britain conquered Ireland.

The presentation for epistemology is comparing and contrasting Plato and Descartes. Plato and Descartes agree--just because you see something on TV, that doesn't mean it's real.  The same thing goes for movies and Wikipedia.  Most other philosophers agree with them.

The paper for Philosophy of Evil class is about evil, which I've been writing about every now and then on this blog.  I'm going to put my blog entries together and hope they make a good paper.

And finally, the paper for my independent study is on a book that I kind of haven't read yet. Or not. We're supposed to read four books for the independent study, but I've only read one, and two chapters of another. I don't know what the paper is going to be like yet.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to my homework now. Bye!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Let me be the first to wish you good luck Michael! Trust me when i say I almost know how you are feeling because all of my teachers are randomly springing projects on us...greek myths, council of vienna, what next? If only there was a class on Nancy Drew...I would get an A!

Twizzler206 said...

Ugh.. I hate writing stuff.. I'm in GATE which is Gifted and Talented Enrichment and I have to right a 5 page paper on Russia's history, food, and clothing.. I'm on the fifth page but still have to add stuff.... and its not fun!!!

A'S and K'S said...

i'M IN g.a.t.e. to and it's super fun! I'm writing a report on Japan and I'm on the fourth page. I love writing thi report!