Monday, November 29, 2010

Impaired Closed Captioning

Here's an interesting article. You know how Youtube offers closed captioning for some of its videos--closed captioning that almost never gets anything right?

Well, my friend Nathaniel Hoover went through our playthrough of Super Mario Bros. 2, and he came up with pictures of some of the ridiculous closed captioning screens.

The weirdest closed captioning mistake, in my opinion, is this one here. I was singing a Christmas song--Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride--but Youtube I was talking about enslaving other people:



Youtube, why do your closed captions make me sound like a horrible person?

7 comments:

mysterydrew said...

LOL, i remember using that for oone of your vids and absolutely nothing was close to being right so i stoped using it after laughing for about 5 mins.

Anonymous said...

I've never tried using that feature before! Now I'll have to out of curiosity!

That's so funny what Youtube came up with...slavery *does* kind of sound like sleigh ride, though, so I can see how it happened! :D

--J.F.

Diana said...

I can't access it for some reason? Darn i know it would have been hilarious! I'm gonna go use it on some of your other videos now!

Anonymous said...

Hey, habe ich versucht, E-Mail in Bezug auf dieses Thema aber aren? T in der Lage, Sie zu erreichen. Bitte E-Mail mich, wenn Sie einen Moment. Dank.

Anonymous said...

Wir sind eine Gruppe von Freiwilligen und Starten einer neuen Initiative in einer Gemeinschaft. Ihr Weblog versorgte uns wertvolle Informationen ├╝ber die Arbeit. Sie haben eine wunderbare Arbeit geleistet!

Anonymous said...

Total Control Marketing Review- Great piece of details that you?ve received on this website article. Hope I could possibly get some a lot more of the stuff on your own web site. I will arrive again..

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?