Monday, November 22, 2010

A Cool Video

Happy Monday, everyone!  I'm scheduled to give blood today, like I tried to do earlier this year.  I'll let you know tomorrow if I was successful this time around.  Hopefully, I can still give blood even though I was sick last week.

But while I'm in the Bloodmobile, you can enjoy watching this video.  It's a shot-for-shot recreation of the first song in A Goofy Movie.  I watched that movie a lot when I was younger, and it's pretty amazing that people had enough free time to make something like this.



Now just imagine what it'd be like if everyone gave up their Youtube video free time, and instead, they volunteered at a local charity!  Hopefully a soup kitchen, because they're working overtime with food donations during Thanksgiving week--our local group had to do 200 home visits last Saturday.  And St. Vincent de Paul is working overtime with getting jackets for all the homeless people during the winter, too, so they could use a lot of help, too.

Yeah, I know. People aren't going to give up video time to help others. Imagine what it'd be like if they did, though.

7 comments:

SammySleuth said...

Good luck. I have never gave blood before. :/ And that movie is very cool! They must have had alot of time on their hands. :)

mysterydrew said...

Wow, that was just awesome!!

Diana said...

i love that movie!

Molly said...

I would love to give blood, but there are two things stopping me.

One: I'm deathly afraid of needles, blood, pretty much anything involving PAIN.

Two: I'm not old enough.

And that movie was pretty sweet!

Anonymous said...

oh no they made the bus driver skinny, the whole reason it was funny to me was lost :-(

Luke 14:11 said...

I agree about helping the homeless being a better use of time. I have done it for 19 years and it's a lot of fun. But we don't do it just at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Breakfast is served almost every day, and Dinner is once a month. At the dinner we give cloths, hygiene packs, and haircuts. Then the homeless sit down and we serve them drinks and their meal. Like a Banquet. Does any of this sound familiar? Luke 14:11-24

Luke 14:11 said...

Sorry, I spelled clothes wrong!