Sunday, October 10, 2010

Midterms

It's officially midterms week this week, but two of my teachers held midterms last week. The idea is that they're spreading out the study time, but it feels more like they're prolonging the agony.
Last week was Spanish and Epistemology. Earlier in this blog, I poked fun at the fact that the epistemology textbook has several lists of hard-to-translate ancient words, like logos and nous.  Well, Question #2 on the midterm was "List all five of Aristotle's terms concerning knowledge and provide a definition for each of them".  It was a pretty rough.

On Monday, I have my humanities midterm, which should be easy enough. I have about 20 pages of notes, so I'm going to re-read them for the midterm.  We were given a study guide for the midterm on Tuesday, but I haven't looked at it yet; I'll study for that once Monday's midterm is over.

In other news, how is the semester halfway over, again? It feels like we just got started. Seriously, some of our regular duties (like field education, sacristy work, and prayer styles) just started last week. That kind of makes it feel like the year is just starting up, not marching past the midway point.

At least midterm break is coming up soon! Midterm break is Thursday and Friday, which is two days off. Wahoo!

3 comments:

Sofia said...

Wow. Sounds like lots of work. I don't know much about Aristotle. Just that he looked at an eclipse and came up with a theory that the Earth is round, not flat. Unless we're talking about two different Aristole's here...

Writer at Heart said...

Good luck on your midterms! We started midterms at my university last week as well, but a couple of my midterms are being held the day after the new Nancy Drew game comes out. :(

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! By the way, do you have a HeR account? ~Lily