Friday, October 1, 2010

Brilliant Idea!

I don't make DS walkthroughs often, becauser recording them is a pain. I have to manually reset the recording equipment every time I switch from the top screen to the bottom screen. With something like the Professor Layton games, where I have to switch screens four times for each puzzle, it becomes a MAJOR pain.



So, I just now got the brilliant (aka obvious) idea of running two programs, one to record the top screen and one to record the bottom screen. This works much better than just running one program and having to reset the parameters every half-minute.

Heh heh...I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out.

In other news, the demo for the upcoming Nancy Drew game has been released, and I'm going to play it right away! ...As soon as my slow Internet connection can download it. Right now, my computer gives an estimated download time of one hour, twenty-four minutes.

13 comments:

Miriam said...

:D does that mean you might be doing the Diabolical Box Layton game? It was pretty fun!

Anonymous said...

I've already finished the Demo of SAW and I love it! The end is very surprising! ;)
I hope you'll enjoy it as I did (:

Kira said...

Anonymous 7:38 PM:
How do you exactly "finish" the demo? Whenever I try to check off that I graded papers on the task list, Nancy won't let me. :-( Plus, I can't seem to figure out that puzzle game in that magazine.

Anonymous said...

Okay, well me too I had difficulties to check off the grede thing! But I don't know if you just put one stamp, but we have to do this to every little phrase. And the game in the magazine, its like Sudoku, there's the instruction on the begining of the magazine. Hope that I helped you. (:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I've just reread my self and it's not clear. What I meant to say was that we have to grade every little phrase with a stamp, after we give an overall grade at the top.

Kira said...

Okay, thanks! I'll try that right now.

Kira said...

Hold on ... how do you search under the bridge? And I am still stuck on that Sudoku-like puzzle, ugh.

Kira said...

Oh ... I've searched under the bridge, but I don't know which stones go with which pictures. Also, the directions to that magazine puzzle are making no sense.

Anonymous said...

Looks like people need your walkthrough of the demo pronto, Michael. :) haha

Anonymous said...

Haha, well with the magazine I can't help you because it's kinda difficult to explain. :/ But for the stones puzzle, the solution is in a book in the Hall. On the table near the door. (:

Kira said...

Thank you again! I just finished the demo and can't wait to get the game!

Anonymous said...

Dig the well before you are thirsty.

Anonymous said...

Actully, HOW DO YOU MAKE Nintendo DS game walkthroughs? I'd just get my video camera and just record on that. It's less of a pain. :)