Sunday, September 5, 2010

Videogame Writing

I'm not sure how to say this, but...

I've been writing for a videogame website called GameCola since 2006 or so. I've written dozens of columns and reviews for them since then, and it's thanks to GameCola that I started doing video walkthroughs in the first place.

Well, it's sad to say, but I just handed in my resignation to the Editor-in-Chief of GameCola, my friend Paul. I don't have enough free time to spend writing three or so columns a week on videogames. And besides, I need to focus on more important things.

So, as soon as I finish my current assignments, I won't do any more writing for GameCola. Also, I won't do any more video walkthroughs for them, even though there are some games I really want to play, like Time Hollow. It's kind of tough for me to close the door like that, but that's life. Live it well.

8 comments:

Emma said...

No more PW? Aww... You'll still be doing Nancy Drew stuff though, right?

Anonymous said...

That stinks but now you have time for other things.

Anonymous said...

That stinks but now you have time for other things.

Miriam said...

Aww.....so you won't be finishing the Miles Edgeworth game? :| You were the reason I started watching videos from the GCDotNet YouTube channel, and why I started watching much stuff on YouTube in general, really.
I'll miss that, but I can understand your reasons for not continuing to do things for them.

Anonymous said...

Dang it, so no more Miles Edgeworth? Will you be putting it up on your arglefumph channel? Well, on the positive side, at least you'll have time for other things, like the new Nancy Drew game when it comes out in the fall.

(Oh, and happy Phoenix/Maya day!)

~M

Michael Kelley said...

Wow, bummer, but life is not a snapshot. We have to take the good with the bad, but if we trust in the Lord and lean not on what we understand, He'll work it all out for our good in the end. Just need to keep praising Him that life is not a snapshot. Everything that happens is bringing about a better ending.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZDQzR8LK-c

Twizzler206 said...

So your not going to do PW Apollo Justice? =( I wanted to see that game... =(

Katia said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is terrible! So no more Miles Edgeworth?