Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Things

1. I read Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex twice after it came out this month. It's a good book, but my initial reaction was "there's not enough Artemis in it". He's pretty much absent in Chapters 2 through 5, because he's unconscious for one chapter, Orion Fowl takes over Artemis role for another, and the other two chapters are Butler and Juliet having adventures on the other side of the world.

Yes, Juliet is back. I liked the chapters starring Butler and Juliet, mainly because they let us see the big brother side of Butler that we rarely get to see. For a big scary guy, Butler's just an old softie.

I liked the book better the second time around, though, when I knew what was going to happen.

2. Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered starts being delivered this week, according to the last Nancy Drew newsletter. I'm looking forward to my copy!

I checked out a copy of the original game from the library, just in case. Maybe I should make my own video that compares the original game to the re-release. That could be interesting!

3. I went to the teen meeting last Sunday. One of the girls there is named Capella, but she says I'm the first person to ever shout, "Do it, Rockapella!" at her.

For those of you who don't know, at the end of every episode of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, the studio audience would shout, "Do it, Rockapella!". At that point, the band would sing the theme song while the ending credits played. Sort of like this:



I still have Rockapella's "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" tape.

9 comments:

Joker's-Gurl said...

I loved that show when I was little.
Your idea to make a video comparing the two yourself is a good idea. I'd definitely watch it. I'm looking forward to getting my copy as well. It looks like it's going to be awesome.

Cat said...

Two requests Michael:
1) Could you please make a walkthrough for the 1998 game Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
2) On disc one of the original SCK there is a file called credtrap.his. It's supposed to be the Nancy Drew rap.You'll need a program called Audacity to open it. Could you make a video of the song and post it please?

Sofia said...

Hey, Michael. I'm playing SKC Remastered right now, and your picture is there! You were student of the month in September you know. XD

Well..anyway, can anyone tell me the combo for the boiler? I forgot it from when I was in the teacher's lounge, and the elevator is broken! D: PLEASE HELP!

Kira said...

A comparison video would be AWESOME. :-)

Miriam said...

My mom smiled when she saw your picture in the game! We both beat it yesterday and I'm excited to see your walkthrough!

Sofia, the combo for the boiler room is the year that it was installed. :) If you don't feel like using precious time in the boiler room to look at the little sign, it's 1967.

Sofia said...

Miriam- Thank you very much, but, I figured it out. In fact, I beat the game!

I really enjoyed it. The graphics were much better, but, to be honest, some of the characters weren't really that great. I think everyone except Detective Beech could have had better graphics, like the characters in TOT. I was really surprised in the ending of this game, and I really enjoyed it. The puzzles were not too challenging, you did LOTS of snooping, and, the best part;


THERE WAS NO CHORES!!!!
None whatsoever. This game was totally chore-free. Sure, it wasn't super long, but I still really enjoyed it in the end. Plus, seeing Michael's picture and all of the Nancy Drew artwork throughout the halls was great, too. Nice job, HER!

Anonymous said...

Definitely make a comparison video. That would be AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site arglefumph.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

hello


just found your site and wanted to ask for some advice on marketing


hopefully this is just what im looking for, looks like i have a lot to read Im trying to find a way to build an e-mail list.