Monday, August 16, 2010

Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill

I finished playing Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill today. It was okay; I kinda got stuck for an hour because I missed something in the Teacher's Lounge, so I didn't have as much fun as I could have had. I'll probably enjoy it more when I replay it.

I'm guessing that the main complaint about this game will be, "It's too short". The original game was short; I'm told that you can speedrun Secrets Can Kill in under a half-hour. So naturally, the remake is short as well. Even though there are new things in the remake, like a new character and new puzzles, there isn't anything which magically adds a half-hour to the overall game length.

I want to go through the credits and check out the voice actors, to see if any of the original voice actors reprised their roles for the remakes. Hal Tanaka sounds exactly the way I remember him, and I suspect that they purposely didn't change a single one of Hal's lines so they could copy/paste the original audio files for Hal.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to record a video walkthrough. For the next three days, I'm working on cleanup duty at a house in the city. I haven't been to the house yet, so I'm not sure how it got so dirty that it'll take three days for me and ten other guys to clean it up. I guess it'll be a surprise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you got it already not fair!

I have no place to put cd cases so I have to wait until the downloadable version comes out.

BTW-do you know when that is, when that version comes out? (I heard it was supposed to be August 24, but not sure).

Also was you pick used in this game? Like in a year book or Student of the month, which they had in the 1st SCK.

Sofia said...

Anonymous 2:24- Yes, it comes out in stores August 24th. Some people, like myself, got it on preorder.
And yes, his picture is used there as Student of the Month.

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous 2:24

People preorder games and stuff, so therefore they would get it before others, like Michael (and myself) did with Secrets Can Kill Remastered.

(Also, this is extremely off-topic, but can you do a walkthrough for the Kingdom Hearts series? Please?)

Anonymous said...

thats okay that it is short, its hard to make a remake of a game and still have it seem similuar to the original one. I cant wait to see the walkthrough for it! yours are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

-Elizabeth

Michael Kelley said...

Wow!! I didn't even know the Remastered game was out yet. Good thing I decided to check back at your blog. I'll have to get the game ASAP. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey i just came here to let you know about a service i offer. I offer cheap backlinks that can help you website rank significantly better on Google. Traffic is everything and to get decent traffic you need to rank well in the search engines. My service can help provide that, check out my site http://hellomotow.net/backlinks