Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mini-Vacation

My mini-vacation is over now. I got to do a lot of things.

  1. I gave a speech on vocations to the YLI. I didn't finish writing the second half of the speech, but I knew what I wanted to say, so it came out pretty well. Everyone liked it, anyway.
  2. My sisters and I met up with our aunt, who just returned from Singapore. This is the first time we've seen her all year.
  3. I took Snickers (the dog) for a lot of walks. I now have dog hair all over my clothes.
  4. I watched many episodes of Big Time Rush, which is now my favorite show on Nickelodeon. If you haven't seen it, it's a funny/random show about a band that's trying to produce their first album. I really like it, but I tend to mute the show when they start singing.
  5. See all the people at home for the first time in two months.
  6. I read a book from start to finish.
  7. I came really close to finishing Super Mario Galaxy 2.

However, there are also things I didn't get to do, such as...

  1. Play piano.
  2. Draw a picture. I have Rough Draft #1 of the picture done, so I need to hurry up and finish Rough Draft #2.
  3. Record something with my friend Paul, due to technical difficulties (ie. no sound).
  4. Get in contact with my friend who is near-impossible to get in contact with.
And tomorrow, I go back to work. I get to start off with all the work that piled up in my absence. Before I left for vacation, I called seven people and asked them to deliver their reports to my office; hopefully, they've all done so.

6 comments:

Michael Kelley said...

You got quite a bit done, nonetheless, it seems. Wrote and delivered a speech, read a whole book, almost finished a video game, among other things. That's doing some fast work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must be really busy.

Anonymous said...

I really like to watch Big Time Rush, too, but their singing isn't too good. I really like it because it's really funny and random, like Ned's Declassified, considering the shows have the same producer. So I enjoy watching the show, but their singing? :p
I've been doing absolutely nothing. I've been reading, and going on the computer. That's pretty much it..
-Sofia

Miriam said...

Aww, you were gonna record something with Paul? If it's Paul from the GCDotNet channel, I love that guy! :D The walkthrough that you, Paul, and Nathaniel did for Super Mario Bros. 2 was really funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey, well their singing is better than the Jonas Brothers. In my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, I just found out that today is the Wizard of Oz's 71th Anniversery.
-Sofia