Monday, August 9, 2010

Beezus and Ramona

I heard through the grapevine that there's a Beezus and Ramona movie starring Selena Gomez. My first reaction was, "Great! She's perfect for that role!"

...Then I got told at Selena is playing Beezus, and I decided not to see the movie.

I'm not a big fan of Selena Gomez, but from what I've seen of her, she generally plays a sneaky character who insults the other characters while the studio audience laughs. Therefore, I think it's time to bring out the type-casting chart to determine which role Selena should have.


 BeezusRamonaSelena Gomez
Responsible older sisterYesNo?
TroublemakerNoYesYes


Clearly, Selena should play Ramona. Their names are really similar, even!

Beezus and Ramona is my favorite book of the Ramona series, kind of because it doesn't have a lot of Ramona in it. Don't get me wrong; I like Ramona, but I like Beezus better. Reading that book made me want to be best friends with Beezus. I'm pretty sure that even if Beezus and Ramona is the worst movie ever, I'd still like if they got Beezus right.

Only I'm not going to see it now, because I think Selena Gomez is all wrong for Beezus.

Actually, I know one girl who I want to call "Beezus" because she basically looks exactly the way I always thought Beezus looked. She even has the perfect Beezus hairdo, which is pretty tough to pull off, because I imagine Beezus' hairdo is rather similiar to the hairdo that Edgar Martin used when drawing the teenage version of Pug (the character I used in Pug's Adventures).



Actually, speaking of Pug's Adventures...did all of my Pug's Adventures comic strips magically disappear recently, or is my computer just being strange?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, i think......... I noticed on another blog, too. I guess if they're old enough, or if enough more-recent pictures are uploaded, then the old ones get removed or something. `Guess it's a memory-saving thing.... :(

Oh, and I TOTALLY AGREE about the Selena-should-be-Ramona thing, although she's a bit old. I'll prolly see the movie anyway tho :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, I'm not a fan of Selena Gomez, or any other Disney star for that matter. I think it would work if Selena was Ramona, but I think she's a little too old, and that would probably get a lot of criticism for the movie.
-Sofia

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stand to read this blog any longer. If you insult Selena Gomez you insult me!!

Anonymous said...

I saw it and it was good. Did u watch the trailer?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 6:17am- Whoa, take a chill pill. Selena Gomez isn't queen of the world. And if you can't accept other people's opinions then you obviously shouldn't be reading someone's BLOG.
-Sofia

Kira said...

LOL, I agree about Selena Gomez. I don't really care for the movies she's done already, or that Disney show of hers.

Anonymous said...

i think selena would be better as ramona too, but michael selena is 18, she couldnt possibly play ramona. but thats a great idea though

Anonymous said...

i'm going to see it
i love those books.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Anonymous 1:35 PM. Don't tell me to take a chill pill!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 2:56pm- Mm Kay. ;]

Anyways, like I said, Selena would probably be better for Ramona if she was younger. Like, ten or eleven or something. But..she's eighteen. You can't really wear skimpy outfits in pop music videos AND play a cute little, innocent ten year old.
-Sofia

Ryan said...

Who is Edgar Martin, and why was he drawing Pug?

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter if some people doesn't like Selena Gomez, not every person will like you. Every person has somoene that doesn't like him or her so deal with it. and by the way I don't know if Selena should play the part. When I saw the trailer I don't think selena or whatever ramona's actor's name is fit toghether don't you think? type yes if you agree with me type no if you don't. I'm not saying I hate selena but I think she's not fit for the roll. I'm a fan of her but I don't think she's right for that part
-Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm not exactly what you'd call a Selena Gomez fan, but I do like her sort of, and I like to watch Wizards of Waverly Place.

Anonymous said...

I totally hate Selena Gomez. She's a desperate idiot. She didn't HAVE to date Justin Bieber. Pssh.