Saturday, July 24, 2010

Relay for Life

Today, they had the Relay for Life across the street. The Relay for Life is basically a walk-a-thon sponsored by the American Cancer Society. I'm alive, so I thought I'd participate.

They had a lot of booths there, for the various organizations that sponsored teams. For example, the Cancer Survivors had a team, as did the YMCA and Sacred Heart Catholic Church (my team). Team Edward was there, too, although they couldn't stay out in the sun too long without suffering from Sparkle Overload.

They had a band playing music, and a lot of people were there to hang out with their friends and talk. My favorite person was the guy who was throwing a frisbee at various passers-by, trying to get them to throw it back. The frisbee bounced out of my hand twice, but I was able to throw it back to him perfectly every single time.

I stayed for about a half-hour, doing ten laps in all. I got a free t-shirt for the American Cancer Society, which is really nice. If I had known they were giving out t-shirts, I wouldn't have shown up in my clerics. Walking for a half-hour in an all-black suit is kind of tough!

All in all, it was a very nice event, and definitely worth attending. I don't know how much money I raised to help fight cancer, but I hope it was a lot. Protecting life is really important, now more than ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Michael! That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!!!!!! Wish my street did something like that.

Michael Kelley said...

Awesome work!! May the Lord bless you tremendously! Remember, 2 Chronicles 7:14!

Sofia said...

Awesome, Michael! All my town does is have cheap movie nights for free. =p

Anyway, are you doing a SCK Remastered walkthrough? Hope so!