Thursday, July 8, 2010

Driving

My sister's birthday is tomorrow, which means she's going to take her driver's test soon. Yes, the same little sister that almost crashed into a bus. I don't know how good her chances are at passing the exam.

My parents trust her more than me when it comes to driving. She's allowed to pull the car into the garage. I still have to park on the other side of the street, just because I hit the side of the house that one time.

Video re-enactment of me driving:



Hitting the house wasn't a big deal. It was more of a side-swipe than a full-on collision, and the sliver of wood that fell off afterwards was smaller than my hand. But Mom and Dad still refuse to let me park anywhere near the house again.

Too bad life isn't like the Full House where Michelle accidentally drove through a wall of the house. I forget how that episode ended, but I'm willing to bet that Michelle didn't get in trouble at all. Now if Stephanie had done it, she would have been grounded for life, but Michelle never gets in trouble, ever, because she brings in the high ratings. That's so unfair.

I think there was also an episode where DJ got into a minor car accident when Uncle Jesse was giving her driving lessons in Danny's car. I think I'd better pull out the Full House DVDs and do a marathon until I find this episode, just to double-check.

8 comments:

Sofia said...

Yes, but Michael, what about the time when you backed up into that poor hot dog truck at your driver's test?!

Anonymous said...

Haha! That stinks. I don't get my permit for another few months. But I am determined to not be the worst driver in the family! I mean, after I broke my uncle's mirror while avoiding a tree while driving a golf cart, I already have a bit of a reputation going on. Oops. You know, I think that hitting a sliver of wood off of a house is much better than hitting a bus. But that's just my perspective.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That stinks. I don't get my permit for another few months. But I am determined to not be the worst driver in the family! I mean, after I broke my uncle's mirror while avoiding a tree while driving a golf cart, I already have a bit of a reputation going on. Oops. You know, I think that hitting a sliver of wood off of a house is much better than hitting a bus. But that's just my perspective.

Anonymous said...

Whoops Didn't mean to hit it twice! Sorry...

-DRA43

Katharine said...

It was Stephanie who drove through the house! She felt bad so she "ranaway" and tried to live with Aunt Becky. And in the other episode, DJ was driving Uncle Jesse's car and she hit a pole.

Emma said...

Forcing visitors to the farmhouse, eh?

Anonymous said...

My favorite pastime in this game is to hit a big truck, set it in the middle of a busy road, and watch all the oncoming cars slam into it. Call me sadistic, but it's kind of fun, isn't it?

Twizzler206 said...

Speaking of Full House episodes, I saw one the other week and D.J, Kimmy, and Kimmy's boyfriend put a car on a roof.