Friday, July 16, 2010

???

There were three open rooms when I moved in this summer, and I chose the one facing the street because I thought it would have a nice view. I didn't realize that there would be, like, actual CARS going down the street.

The traffic lasts all day long, pretty much. It's sometimes hard to get to sleep at night.

But tonight, I was trying to get to sleep, when I heard some kind of college kid party going on. You know, music being played at ridiculously high levels so that I can still hear it even though I'm 30 feet away and inside a house. Plus, everyone screams every two seconds.

Needless to say, I didn't go to parties when I was at college. That's not exactly my idea of fun.

So this loud, bad music is playing and people are screaming near-constantly for ten minutes, and I'm wondering what the heck is going on because it's 10:30 and I just want to go to sleep. I finally look out the window and I see that it's not a party at one of the nearby houses...it's a bike party.

At 10:30 PM.

All these bikes are going down the street, and the people on the bikes are screaming their heads off. There are cars every now and then, and the cars are playing the bad music. SERIOUSLY? A drunken bicycle party? And it HAS to go down my street as part of its route?

Why can't people just leave alone and let me go to sleep? And why are there so many of them?

30 minutes later...

Okay, now that it's 11:00, things have cooled down, because they all biked past my house. I have a horrible feeling that they're going to come back at 2:00 AM or something, returning to whatever pit that drunken partygoers crawl out of.

7 comments:

Sofia said...

Ouch. That stinks. Out neighbors play super loud music all the time. But the weird thing is, it's so loud, that our walls actually SHAKE. It's like a teeny tiny earthquake or something. I'm used to it at this point, but the first time it happened, it made this weird vibrating noise and I thought that there was a bomb in my room or something. But my dad still hates it. He calls the cops every time they play their music. The cops don't even show up anymore...

Anonymous said...

See, I would have screamed at the bikers and went to sleep.

Kira said...

While there aren't any drunken bicycle parties near my house, sometimes at 2 AM in the morning, a car will drive past blasting rap or Hispanic music.

Miriam said...

(Warning: this is kinda random, but I thought it'd cheer you up) :D
in the Phantom of Venice, the Italian tourists mention that Tino Balducci is starring in Detective Beach! Detective Beach is also apparently the name of the TV show seen at the end of Secrets Can Kill.
I didn't figure this out on my own. It was on the factoid when I opened up the Nancy Drew Central thingy that shows you all the games. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, here in ny their r a couple of parties taken place at midnight, somtimes it gets dangerous, like shooting people. Btw, did they come back @ 2 am? Just wondering (:

-Elizabeth

Michael G. said...

Nah, they didn't come back later that night. Thank goodness.

Lisa said...

good-luck getting some sleep
my brother is leaveing to a room in september
but we do not live in the USA,
canada,canada is OK but when i get a job i'm moveing to austin,tx
or where u live.
ps:i love u Michael Gray.