Saturday, June 5, 2010

Writing

Woah, so, okay, people have unanimously requested I write longer blog posts. That's interesting. See, I thought the "cool" thing to do nowdays was to make your blog posts short. Like, really short. 140 characters long, I hear.

Did I mention I think Twitter is a dumb idea? It's like...a website that just keeps track of your Facebook statuses. I don't update my Facebook status that often, actually, because I feel compelled to write joke statuses like "black is the new black", and I can't always think of one-liners off the top of my head.

Okay, maybe I don't like Twitter because it's a dumb-sounding name. Whatever.

I have no problem with writing longer blog entries. I like to write. That's actually one of the reasons I wanted to become a priest: the idea of writing a homily every day is exciting. It's kind of a nerdy reason to want to become a priest, I'll admit, but it's true. I've written ten or so different homilies all in my free time.

Of course, the only time I had to write a homily, it was almost impossible to write anything because I had no ideas. My ideas flew away, like a butterfly trying to escape a net. In the end, I just repeated ideas I've heard from other people--our local bishop, Saint Paul, Saint John and Saint Catherine of Genoa. Everyone really liked the sermon, but I was disappointed because I know I can write better that. I kinda only wrote two sentences; everything else came from another source.

But other than that, I'm pretty good at writing, so I shouldn't have a problem writing longer blog entries, if that's what people want me to do.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to be a Catholic priest?

Anonymous said...

twitter is a dumb idea! Somebody finally understands!

Stevie said...

FINALLY! Someone else thinks Twitter is dumb!

Cat said...

I have Twitter just for the quote contest. Otherwise I wouldn't have it at all.

Anonymous said...

My brother had to get twitter account for a skool assiment and when he and I saw what it asks u ("What r u doing right now?") he wrote "I'm writing on twitter." And that's why I think twitter is DUMB! With a capital D. ;) Even his teacher agreed with him!
From,N.E.W.

Anonymous said...

Bleh, you're right. Twitter is dumb. It's just like, "update: I'm going to the bathroom. Update: I'm reading a book. update: I'm updating my twitter page =\"
The only time I go on twitter is for the HER quote contest...even though I don't really have an account, I just like to figure out the answers.
And actually, they got the name twitter from a type of owl, "barn owl" [Tyto Alba] who doesn't "hoot" like normal owls do, but it is known by scientists to "twitter", whatever that even means. And yeah, I like your longer posts better. They're more interesting. Us Nancy Drew Clue Crew members don't like 140 character posts. ;]
-Sofia

Anonymous said...

I agree with you sofia
-Airam

Mallory said...

Lol...hey don't insult Twitter...I have an account. lol j/k, it is kinda dumb. I only got it because of a celebrity. :p After reading this blog, I read over all my old "tweets", they are soo embarrassing and stupid. :p I remember, in my American Government class, my friend and I would have to explain twitter to my teacher. Haha

Alana said...

Yeah, I guess when you get right down to it, Twitter is pretty silly. I have an account, but I only got one because of Her Interactive. I use it for other things now, though...and I won a free iPhone case on there via a TV show's Twitter feed, so that made me more of a fan, haha :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael can you have a guest when your doing the new nancy drew videos maybe it could be a friend or somoene. you rock

Kira said...

I don't think that's a nerdy reason to want to become a priest! I love writing. And Twitter? I agree--stupid name and stupid idea.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Twetting people on Twiter is dumb.

Long story short-I think Twitter is dumb.Period

Christi said...

I think Twitter is dumb too. The only reason I signed up was to enter Her Interactive's contests. =D

Anonymous said...

LOL! "Black is the new Black." I gotta remember that one! For some reason I found that hilarious....

Anonymous said...

I don't like Twitter, Facebook, or MySpace.