Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Playoffs!!!

The hockey season has ended, and my local team, the San Jose Sharks, were #1 in the Western Conference! They beat out the Chicago Blackhawks by one point, even though I think Chicago is little too far to the east to be allowed in the Western Conference.

The Sharks were #1 last year, too, which gives us some severe bragging rights. Unforunately, they played really, really badly in the playoffs in a misguided attempt to lose as quickly as possible. Only three or so of the players gave off a "we're working our hardest" vibe; the others gave off a "we're obviously going to win, so we don't have to worry about it".

The other teams I'm rooting for are the Chicago Blackhawks (who finished in second place) and the Buffalo Sabres.

The first game of the playoffs, against the Colorado Avalanche, takes place tomorrow! Hopefully the Sharks and their coach who looks like a werewolf will be able to win! I mean, if I was on the team, I wouldn't want to get the Werewolf angry.

---

In other news, the Nancy Drew people have officially accepted my entry into their contest, which ends on the 22nd. Make sure to get your entires submitted before then!

6 comments:

Aby said...

wow michael! sounds awesome! i will submit my entry today.

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm totally hoping to see your picture in TOT!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michael, do you know if you have to have a solid background behind you for the yearbook picture? Thanks! :-)

Michael said...

Nope, I don't know if you need a solid background or not.

Anonymous said...

You can't be cheering for the sabres!

Anonymous said...

Werewolves rock! :)