Saturday, April 10, 2010

Four Things

1. My experiment for recording Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside was a failure. It's starting to look like I'll never get to do a video walkthrough for that game. Oh well.

2. I just finished with scheduling for fall semester. I was a little worried about this, because I've been having trouble with scheduling this year. See, St. Patrick's didn't accept any of my credits from Santa Clara University. That means I had to retake a bunch of classes I already took in college. No cool!

But for some reason, they finally decided to accept my college credits.
So, I get to skip two out of five classes next semester. Yes cool!

3. I forgot to mention this in my blog entry about the yearbook photo contest. You know the official photograph I had to take for work?



I actually had to do a little photoshop magic on the photo, because it was for a seminarian poster. Here's the original picture:



I was born to rock that uniform.

4. Speaking of religious stuff, I edited two new books! They're both about vocations, because I'm discerning mine right now.

The first one is Vocations Explained, a book in Q and A format about the four types of vocations (marriage, religious life, virginity and priesthood). The Q and A style of writing is a Catholic tradition dating back to the 200's, and it's called "the little catechism" because it's generally used for children.

The other book is What Shall I Be?, which is for older kids. It's specifically designed to clear up a lot of the mistaken ideas about vocations. I've run into a few of these false conceptions myself, so now I'm prepared to tackle them head on. I just need to learn to stop shouting, "Objection!", Phoenix Wright-style in those kinds of discussions, and I'll be all set.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah. For some reason, my brain auto-tuned itself to see the white collar anyway, lol. And, yes, you look awesome both ways :)

Allison said...

Wow. You look quite dashing. Mind if I save one of them onto my computer. I want to show it to one of my sisters.

ArtsyGirl said...

that's cool that you don't have to repeat some of your classes. It would have been totally uncool if you had to take them all over again.