Thursday, March 11, 2010

Samantha Swift Done, a Mysterious Game Request

I finished my video walkthrough for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. It turns out that it's more fun to play the game by yourself than it is to make a video walkthrough for it.


Expect more of me doing voice acting in this video.

In any case, the video walkthrough is finished, and unless I get lazy, a text walkthrough will soon follow! I wonder what my next gaming adventure will be.

---

Actually, I got an email from someone today, who is looking for an old, early 1990's game. Here's what the person said about the game:
It was really fun but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it and was wondering if you could help me. I remember elements of it and basically the plot of the game was this beautiful princess is sitting by this lake at the opening of the game and she peers into it and all of a sudden is pulled into the water and down into ths fantasy world where she is turned into an orge type creature whilst her mother searches frantically for her. I remember that you could play as both the mother and the princess character. Her name is Rowena. I think. I know this is a farfetched out there on a longshot question, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

My response was basically, "I don't know what game you're talking about, but if you figure it out, let me know! I wouldn't mind playing it!"

Do any of you blog readers know what this game is called, by any chance? I led the requester to a semi-exhaustive list of pre-1994 games. Hopefully, this game will be found, I will be able to play it, and it will be awesome. If not, there are other games on my "to play" list, including the Pajama Sam series.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!! I have wanted you to play Pajama Sam for SO long. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Kings Quest 7!
For years I had memories of this game, of my cousins playing it when i was 5, but when I asked they had no memory of it. it wasnt until last year when my cousin was going through all he old Nancy Drew games that she found it and we all started playing. it IS awesome! You really ought to try it!

Roberta said...

i have no idea what that game what that person was talking about in the letter, but it seems fun! but to me it looks like the anonymous person above me knows what he/she was talking about. :D

emily said...

its called kings quest 7. i have it at home:
its about a mother and daughter named Valanice and rosela, and the mother wants the daughter to get married and they get sucked by some weird vortex... anyway the daughter turns into a troll and is engaged to be married to the king of trolls i think, and the mother is on a deserted island.
its basicly about how they find each other and save the land... it was pretty fun all in all...
im pretty sure this was the game she was speaking of.

karapoo0x said...

can you please make a walkthrough for carmen sandiego great chase through time/ where in time is carmen sandiego (it has 2 names)

Anonymous said...

the game is kings quest 7 it's hard to find copy's of this game but you can obtain it by buying the kings quest collection. This was my favorite game as a child

- Kyle Forsyth