Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pug's Adventures

So here are the "Pug's Adventures" strips I made from December 4 - 11, 2007. Don't forget, you can click on each strip to see the full-sized version!

I rearranged the order of the strips so the Stacey/Loreen ones are all together.



The idea for this strip came from this strip about a dancing robot. The joke about a robot dancing the Charleston, not "The Robot" is probably better than my joke about a man who sleep-dances, not sleep-walks.







---

Puns are nice and easy to make comics out of, but there's another type of comic, which I like to call "The Depressing Comic". I realized this when reading a Peanuts anthology. Instead of having your characters tell jokes, you can get away with having them say something super-cynical or depressing. People enjoy these, somehow.

It is also super-easy to make a strip based off a cynical idea like "Disney is only making High School Musical 3 because they're super-greedy", so I decided to try writing a few of them with Loreen and Stacey. They turned out okay, but I went back to puns because they're more interesting.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last strip was the best

Anonymous said...

Hahaha the one with Tom Cruise was hilarious!!!
p.s. love your Nancy Drew videos! I would be no where without them!

Anonymous said...

That last one sooooooo awesome! I showed my sis it and she loved it too! :D
From,N.E.W.

Michael said...

I think I got the perfect pose for Tom in that picture, too.

Michael Kelley said...

hahah!! Poor Lactose.
And, yeah, that is the perfect picture of Tom. He looks just like he's running for office in that picture. lol... :)