Saturday, March 20, 2010

Professor Snaglefoompus Discovers Ireland

I almost forgot I wrote this story for St. Patrick's Day a year ago.

---

Before Professor Snaglefoompus became a professor, he was a detective. And before he was a detective, he was an explorer for two years.

Normally, explorers go to far-off places that no one has ever been to before, but not Professor Snaglefoompus. He went to Ireland to try to find a city that no one knew about. Of course, all the cities in Ireland have already been discovered and put on maps, but Explorer Snaglefoompus didn't care.

As soon as his plane landed in Ireland, he got lost in the airport. He tried reading his map, but it didn't help, because it was a map of France.

"I think I must be somewhere close to the Louvre," Explorer Snaglefoompus said to himself. "But if I'm here, then where's...?"

Explorer Snaglefoompus frowned and thought for a moment. He couldn't find the city he was in on the map, which meant...he had discovered a unknown city!

"YES!" Explorer Snaglefoompus said. "I will call this city Snaglefoompia!"

Explorer Snaglefoompus did a little dance, and ended up falling into a woman.

"Watch where you're going!" the woman snapped.

"My dear Snaglefoompian," Explorer Snaglefoompus said. "I have come to explore your city and list its attributes for the future generations of scholars. May I observe you?"

"Leave me alone, weirdo!" the woman said, walking away in a huff.

"The natives here are friendly," Exlorer Snaglefoompus said, writing in his exploration journal. "I have just met with one whom I like to call...um...Snaglefoompina. She doesn't like it when I dance."

Explorer Snaglefoompus continued following the woman, until she got extremely upset.

"Get out of here, you crazy maniac! Leave me alone!" she yelled.

"But I have to document you!" Explorer Snaglefoompus said. "It's what scientists do!"

The woman called airport security, and they threw Explorer Snaglefoompus out of the airport.

"Gosh, the people here are an angry lot," Explorer Snaglefoompus said. "They're full of wrath, anger, fury and ire. Hey, ire! That'd be a great name for this country I discovered! Ire-land!"

And that was how Professor Snaglefoompus discovered Ireland.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

michael did you see the new alice in wonderland in 3D???? WRITE ABOUT IT PLEASE!!

Anonymous said...

lolz I'm with the professor on this one! Who doesn't like people observing them and dancing uncomfortably close to them?!? =D

Michelle said...

Good short story. It made me smile. :-)

Roberta said...

wow, that def made me laugh. :D

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... it was vair vair cute michelle!!!
hahhahaaa neuf de dix :)))