Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Government Thinks I'm a Bum

It's the last day of March, which means TAX SEASON is coming up. Everyone's trying to come up with ways to save on taxes this year...



The US Census Board actually contacted me about my employment history for the past year. That's where the government gets its statistics about how many people are employeed, you know. I had to answer all sorts of questions about my life, my jobs and my money.

The only "real" job I had last year was taking care of two puppies for a week. That was pretty much the best job I ever had, and I would love it if I could do house/dog-sitting full time. Sadly, that's not possible.

The rest of the year, I've been employed as a full-time student, which is a lot less fun than watching puppies (and pays a lot less, too). The Census Lady told me that doesn't count as a job, and my monthly stipend doesn't count as federal wages, even though the government totally deducts taxes from it.

In the end, the US Census Board officially put me down as "unemployed, not looking for work, and with an annual salary of $200". That makes me sound like a total bum, I know. Oh well. At least my tax advisor (AKA Dad) says the fact that I have no deductible income means I don't have to file a tax return this year. Score! Tax forms are confusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Micheal,I know this is totally off-topic, but, on the Her Interactive website, they just announced that they are making a game series about......Sonny Joon! How's that for weird?!?
The series is going to be called, "The Spacey Adventures Of Sonny Joon". It sounds cool and all, but to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. And I hope it doesn't take away from any of the future Nancy Drew games...but, then again, they did post it on April Fools Day, so to be quite honest, who knows!