Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Newsletter

Our friends at Her Interactive released a new monthly newsletter today, all about the Nancy Drew books the games are based off of.

You see, most (if not all) of the games are based off books. Message in a Haunted Mansion, for example, is directly based off Message in a Haunted Mansion. Secret of the Old Clock is based off Secret of the Old Clock and Mystery at the Lilac Inn.

Adaptation is very interesting process. I took a course on that to get my English minor in playwriting. Over the course of the class, I wrote adaptations of three books, a lecture (that was boring), a poem, another play and two comic strips. And I interviewed my sister for some reason.

Also, this year is the 80th anniversary of Nancy Drew! Boy, is Nancy going to have a fun birthday party this year! I hope I'm invited.

9 comments:

Roberta said...

80 yrs?! awesome! i became interested in Nancy drew mysteries for a few months(which is obviously not that long) but i still love em! hopefully you'll get invited so u can give ua reveiw of how much fun you'll might have! lol
Nancy drew Rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hope I'm invited too! :D The first ND book I EVER read was when I was in gr.2! And I became a fan when I was 5! So I've been a fan for 7 years!!!!!! :D WOW!!!!!!! I have a WHOLE bookshelf full of ND books!!!!!!! :D
From,N.E.W.

Anonymous said...

Nancy Drew DEFIANTLY rocks!!!!!!!! And of course the Hardy Boys and Sherlock Holmes!!!!
From,N.E.W.

Kira said...

WOW! I didn't know Nancy was THAT old. I hope they'll release Trail of the Twister soon.

Hippodameia said...

Heh, I couldn't find the exact date for when the first Nancy Drew book was published. But, I have this book I got a while ago from my aunt; it's an entire history of Nancy Drew and the people who wrote and published her books. I'd recommend it to you guys because a) it might assist in improving your spelling and grammar and b) it is actually quite fascinating. Anyways, I looked the date up. The first three books were actually released at the same time on April 28. Of 1930, that is. But I assume you already know that.

Anonymous said...

@Kira: TOT comes out in July

Hippodameia said...

Oh, silly me. I forgot to mention the title. It's Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her (by Melanie Rehak). Looks like I should be doing more crossword puzzles.

ArtsyGirl said...

Wow 80 years! I thought it was 75 because Michael mentioned at some point when doing one of the Nancy Drew walk-throughs that she was 75? All well, anyways Happy Birthday Nancy. By the Michael if you get invited to Nancy's party do you think I can come with you? I can be your plus 1. Lol.

Anonymous said...

Cool, and yeah, every game is based on a book. Something HER forgot to mention is that Secret of the Old Clock is based on the first four, not just 1 and 4.