Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Various Videogames

I have various videogames I want to do video walkthroughs for, or just talk about in general.

  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I decided to do the "find all 100 Gold Skulltulas challenge", which ended up taking more time than it should have. As in, a LOT more time. As in, three or so hours. About 90% of that will be cut out of the finished video. So if you're one of the people who has been wondering why I've been taking so long with the next set of videos, that's why.
  • Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena is a hidden object casual game I played recently, and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm starting to wonder if casual games are more entertaining than normal games. Sure, casual games set the bar low, but that just means they have an easier time with being loads more fun than originally expected.
  • Oregon Trail was fun to do a video walkthrough for, and I think I'm going to do a SECOND video walkthrough for it, because I can.
  • Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal is a game I'm told that I have to play because it is super fun and super funny. It's a point-and-click adventure starring Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate, who is in fact kind of a screwup when it comes to being a pirate. I want to try to do a blind playthrough of this game, just to see if my point-and-click adventure game skills are really all they're cracked up to be, but I'm worried that might end up with several videos of me walking around, confused.
  • Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger is the second Dossier game, and I've played it through. The minigames in this one are not as fun as in the first one--in fact, playing some of the minigames is more of a hassle than an enjoyable experience.

    My favorite part about the game, hands down, is the part where Nancy gets to name one of the six suspects as the game's culprit. Since Nancy is an awesome detective who is never wrong about anything, the person you choose ends up being guilty. So this game actually has six different endings--one for each suspect. Being the completist that I am, I want to see all six endings, so I'm probably going to be playing this game for quite some time before I'm finished.

10 comments:

buy 2gb mini sd said...

You mebntoin very nice games list these all games are so nice in playing.the legend of Zelda is really a very nice for us

Roberta said...

oh, my goodness i really wann try the Oregon trail! coz I'M from Oregon. but the thing that annoy me it that ppl thinks its Oregone or Oregon. anyway i think i'll try the other games u recomended too, they all seem fun! :)

Hippodameia said...

Oh, I didn't know the answer you chose would always be the right one! I picked the manager when I played it through and thought I had just made a lucky guess.

Tallulah said...

I love the Nancy Drew games!! They're so much fun :D

emily said...

michael why are you playing monkey island 5???? play the 3rd or the 4th i mean you should know the story before you play it, and the third and fourth is super fun!!! you dont have to do a walkthrough for them but at least play them because they are really fun!!!
good luck!!!!
p.s
launch of the screaming narwell is part one of the game, and not the full game. you need all five parts to completely finish the game from begining to end. but i recommend to play 3 and 4 before 5 because you wont know the character, guybrush, or le'chuck, or elain and it wont be fun...!
i hope you listenn
-emily

Anonymous said...

Well...you don't really have to know the characters before playing the Tales of Monkey Island, but I would recommend getting familiar with Guybrush's somewhat unorthodox puzzle-solving logic before playing. It's an awesome 5-part game, and incredibly funny, but you've often got to think waaaay outside the box (I at least could have used a walkthrough for it). If you do want an intro though to the wonderful world of Monkey Island, I'd recommend The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition as they updated the graphics really nicely).

Anonymous said...

do a walkthrough for monkey island 4 first!!!! its the best!!! the curse of monkey island is really good too, but if you want to play monkey island five, than do 4 first!!! and you should do the special edition of secret of monkey island because i played it and it has really good graphics and its really good!!!

Suzan said...

most of the interesting things happend in the curse of monkey island, and in escape from monkey island (3,4) so you should at least play them before playing tales of monkey island.

Anonymous said...

You should do a video walkthrough for the Harry Potter computer games (The first three are the only good ones)

Anonymous said...

Pleasant Post. This post helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot