Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mystery Solved!

Greetings, detectives!

Well, I'm glad that everyone's detective skills seem to be in order, because I also came to the conclusion that Ellen dropped off a birthday package for a Michael, and it was somebody else who mistakenly thought it was me.

I successfully proved my theory by combing the school directory until I found something very interesting: A Michael B. has a birthday exactly one day after mine. That would explain why the gift was left outside of my room the day AFTER my birthday. I asked Michael B. about it, and Ellen is the name of his cousin, so case closed!

...Okay, not really. To be honest, talking to Michael B. was actually part of my initial investigation, and he doesn't know anyone named Ellen. HOWEVER! I can't figure out how to continue the investigation, and it probably IS just a case of mistaken identity as six Michaels live in this building. Nobody wants the truth to get in the way of a good mystery solved, so we're all just going to pretend that's how everything happened. Okay?

Cool, so that means we just solved a mystery! E-cookies for everyone! They're from Oaxaca!

10 comments:

emily said...

are they like taylor's cookies that expired like a decade ago? because if they are i dont want any lol.... GOOD JOB MICHAEL! you solved your first mystery! (sort of...)
now you got to some practice just in time for the new nancy drew thats coming out in a few months! i hope i get it... i didnt buy waverly academy (although my friend lent it to me! its fun!) so im deffinently getting this one!!

Roberta said...

OH!!! WELL, good job on solving the case michael! u have nancy drew smarts!

Anonymous said...

umm michael you need to still find out who the coffee maker is meant for you know, i mean its like basicly stealing a coffee maker from someone! you need to return it, because "michael b." might call his "cousin" ellen and she'll ask him if he liked her gift and hes not gonna know what shes talking about, and who knows, maybe michael b. is the little investigator himself, and will find out and you could get caught 2 months later drinking coffee from HIS machine lol... so do something before its too late

Anonymous said...

that is awrsome michael!
a REAL mystery just like nancy drew games,
hope we'll be seeing more about u soon!
question: are you a christian???

Anonymous said...

lol yay! Oaxaca! wait werent they stale in Scarlethand? lol

Scott Wilson said...

YES!! i was right!!!

Tallulah said...

Woohoo! I believe I was correct, or pretty close to the answer! It was fun solving that with you! I've always wanted to be able to solve mysteries, like Nancy, but none have ever come my way. :( it's disappointing. Well, I guess there was that time when my bike got stolen.. but that wasn't really a mystery. Thanks for sharing yours with us :) glad you got it all figured out, too!

Miriam said...

Eew, those Oaxacan cookies in ND6 looked kinda suspicious...how about snickerdoodles instead....heehee.

Hippodameia said...

Stale cookies for a stale mystery. Nah, just kidding. I would have done the same thing.

Michael Kelley said...

If your giving those Oaxacan cookies out, then I'll send mine to Poppy for her next painting... lol...