Monday, January 25, 2010

My Room Was Redecorated

College students agree: the best way to tell how much your family loves you is by what happens to your room when you're gone. It's always a fun surprise to come home for Thanksgiving and see what your family has done to your room when you were gone.

Here are some typical scenarios, and what they mean:

Room is Just Like You Left It: Your family wants you to know that nothing has changed since you left, and you're free to come home whenever you want.
Room Has Been Cleaned Up: Mom/Dad got tired of seeing your room dirty.
Your Little Sister Christina Moved Into Your Room: Tough luck! Looks like Christina is now the family favorite!
All Your Stuff Was Sold, and Now You Have to Sleep on the Couch: They don't want you to move back after college is over.

Well, imagine MY surprise when I came home today for a surprise visit and found...

The Blankets On Your Bed Have Been Replaced With Purple Hannah Montana Blankets: ???????

I leave for one day, and mom converts my room into a Hannah Montana sanctuary? This is NOT the best of both worlds, people! Twenty-four year-old grown men do NOT have Hannah Montana blankets in their rooms!

...They have stuffed animals in their rooms. I still haven't given Mr. Monkey away yet.

My sister says she had to move the blankets because her back was hurting. But still. Why MY room? Why not pack them away or something? Now everyone that visits our house is going to think I like Hannah Montana, when my favorite Disney Channel show is THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE SO AWESOME THAT THE NAME OF THEIR SHOW IS IN ALL CAPS.

Speaking of which, when is High School Musical 4 coming out? I've been waiting for a while now, Disney!

13 comments:

Paul said...

Nice! I was upset when they took over my room and turned it into my dad's office, but at least Hannah Montana was in no way involved.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like the Jonas Brothers ... OR Hannah Montana, for that matter. I didn't know you were a fan of HSM!

bri4177 said...

You know that HSM is over now right? It ended with Senior Year. LOL, but Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana are a bit too popish for me. Disney needs to go back to classics.

Roberta said...

wow, that is torture, i'm 14 yrs old and it's a nightmare if my room was redecorated to BARBIE CHARACTERS! YIKES! i would faint. i didn't know u were a fan of HSM too either cool! but i think HSM is over, but i'm kinda a fan of the Jonas Brothers.

Anonymous said...

HSM is not over there will a another movie

WinkyGoMoo said...

HSM is not over. They're not bringing back the old characters because they graduated. I still think I'm gonna pull my hair out because of this. DX

Anonymous said...

HSM will never be over ;_; ;O believe me

Roberta said...

oh, ok whatever ya'll say, then i'll be waiting for the next hsm movie.

ArtsyGirl said...

Oh wow, that sucks for you Michael. I'm in college to, at least when I get home, my parents kept my room the way it is. They like it when I'm home. I don't Hannah Montana that much, and the Jonas Brothers are ok. But I agree with bri4177, Disney should go back to the other shows they used to put on. I miss Disney's 1 Saturday Morning that they use to put on ch. 7 every Saturday. Does anyone here remember that?! I was like 7 or 8 maybe when I saw it.

Tallulah said...

Hannah Montana? Seriously?! Poor you! They could have at least thrown a Nancy Drew pillow on the bed to cover Hannah's face..

ArtsyGirl said...

I agreed with Tallulah! Your family should at least know that you love Nancy Drew. That way, you will always be seeing Nancy's face in the morning when you wake up, instead of Hannah Montana! The horror of having Hannah on your bed, yuck!!!

CarmeliaYong said...

stuffed animals? *laughs and laughs*

yeah. wonder if they have Nancy Drew blankets...

Twizzler206 said...

If I walked into my room and it had ANYTHING Hanna Montana I would gag.