Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My DNA Is In Outer Space

I recently remembered that I have a movie from 2008 to upload/edit, but I haven't done any work on it since I got the video off my camera and onto my computer. Since I'm probably not going to get around to finishing the video soon, I might as well describe the premise here.

Back in 2008, my friend Paul let me know that the website "Pwn or Die" was holding a video contest. They're a videogame-based website, and they wanted people to send them some videogame videos. So they held a contest where each video submitted equaled one ticket in their prize drawing.

The big prize? To have your DNA sent into outer space.

It was part of a promotion for an online game that I don't think exists anymore. They got DNA from a few minor celebrities like Stephen Hawking and Stephen Colbert and Probably Someone Else Named Stephen. All the DNA was sent--digitally--to the International Space Station. That way, if everyone on Earth dies from global warming or something like that, the DNA will remain in outer space. And that way, aliens can come and use the DNA to make human clones.

That was probably the most ridiculous premise I've ever heard (have your DNA sent into outer space so alien clones can be made of you in case everyone on the planet dies!), so I decided I had to enter the contest. I submitted a few of my Nancy Drew walkthroughs into the contest, and because each video counted as one entry, I basically stuffed the ballot box.

I ended up winning the contest, I provided them with a small cell culture, and my DNA is now in outer space. I haven't heard if there any alien clones of me, yet, though.

And, basically, the video I've been too lazy to edit/upload is all about this ridiculous story of how I used Nancy Drew walkthroughs to help me get my DNA sent into outer space so aliens could clone me. November 2008 was a CRAZY month for me.

10 comments:

emily said...

omigod thats the most rediculous idea ever!!! i mean what could make people feel better than knowing that if they by any chance die due to the world being destroyed, someone just like them will walk around in spance in their alien form. what idiots!!!
well at least theres gonna a super cool alien michael gray out there someday!!

Anonymous said...

you know what the best part is? your gonna hang out with stephan colbert one day lol

Sarah said...

That's weird. It's like, "Hey, everyone!!! Send us your walkthroughs and if you win we'll send your DNA into OUTER SPACE!!!!!!!!" Sorry, for some reason that seems like it's supposed to be the BEST PRESENT EVER!!!! Remind me again later, who would what their DNA in space as their 'very special' grand prize?! *Sigh* America.

Roberta said...

um... um... ok well only a few things to say and THAT'S THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF! sometimes ppl watch too much television ans think that science fiction stuff is real, come on get real.
oh well i'm not gonna argue.

Hippodameia said...

Wow! That's epic.

Tallulah said...

Hahaha! Alien Michael Gray clones.. verrry likely. Well, we Earthlings have the original! Haha. I'm glad you won! That 'DNA to space' thing IS pretty ridiculous, though.

Michael Kelley said...

Wow!! Now when the earth is blown up, a bunch of alien Michael Gray's are going to be making more Nancy Drew walkthroughs. Although, the games would be blown up.... hmm... wait a second, you would become the creator of Nancy Drew for the Aliens! hahah...
Speaking of Aliens, I have a page on my website about Aliens.
http://biblestudynow.webs.com/ufosandaliens.htm

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous of you! Just wait for star wars!(this is what my teacher believes in- all future wars taking place in outer space, and he's not even American -_-').
You should really upload the video. Knowing you, it'd be brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I think It's cool that they like your videos but... I just think that the 'Aliens using your DNA to make clones' part is a big fat lie (no offence). I'm starting to think that they were just bored and that they wanted to just watch pretty good quality videos :)= smilely face. If you couldn't tell, I'm a BIG fan of "Micheal Gray" videos :)!!! (As my friend would say)

Anonymous said...

Why would I want my spit or DNA in outerspace where an alien could to evil with it!? GRRR