Thursday, January 21, 2010

Days of our Lives

As I have mentioned a few times in my videos, I am a fan of Days of our Lives. I'm actually mad at my schedule for this semester, because I have class during my soap opera for two days in a row. Rrrrgh!

Recently, the show has had a couple of major unexpected plot twists, like Anna being the person who kidnapped EJ and Sami's baby (Anna hasn't been on the show in at least six months, which is why this was a big surprise), then the fact that EJ is paying Anna to kidnap his baby, and the big reveal that Carly's daughter is Melanie, not Mia. I'm impressed. When you're working with month-long plotlines, it's rather tough to keep things fresh, but they're doing it successfully. Major kudos to the entire Days of our Lives crew.

[Side note: One of my favorite new characters is Mia McCormick. When she first came on the show, I decided to become a Mia fanboy, mostly because I love Mia Fey from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series, and the two of them have the exact same name. The only downside to her is the fact that the girl who plays Mia isn't a very good actress. But Mia is currently dating Will Horton, who is ALSO a pretty bad actor, so it works pretty well.]

[Side note #2: Speaking of bad actresses, Anna is really bad at acting, but she's just so darn enthusiastic that she pretty much steals every scene she's in. Seeing her return to the show was basically my best Christmas present last year.]

I just noticed that Days is currently on Season #44. Awesome! It kinda bugs me that The Simpsons brag so much about making it to Season #20 and being "the longest running show ever". I mean, Days of our Lives has been on the air much longer! You shouldn't just ignore it because it's a soap opera! In the same way, you shouldn't ignore Sesame Street just because it's a children's show. Please try to be a little bit more considerate, Simpsons.

6 comments:

Roberta said...

the simpsons stink,(i don't say suck coz it's improper) but i've never heard of those soap operas before, and i loved sesame street when i was little haha:)

emily said...

sesame street rules!!!!! hahahaaaaa
ive never watched days of our lives, but it sounds like a good show! but i dont think i could catch up to season 44 so i think im gonna pass lol...
michael im pretty sure that the simpsons is the longest running show ever, they have been showing for like 20 years.... but your right the simpsons only had like 500 episodes and days of our lives has thousands!!!! it totaly wins longest show...

Tallulah said...

Sesame Street just had it's fourtieth anniversary, right? GO COOKIE MONSTER!! I haven't watched Days Of Our Lives, but I have heard of it. I can understand how there would be the whole Simpson's VS DOUL (Days Of Our Lives) thing, but maybe they have a special category for soap operas. I don't know. Just a thought. Well, sorry about your dilemma with the class in the same time slot as your show!!

Anonymous said...

The Simpsons is the longest running prime-time TV show. Soap operas are five days a week, so they're in a different category.

Hippodameia said...

I only watch soap operas when I have to do laundry; even then they're rarely on. My cleaning habits are rather erratic, and I'm not really the best at keeping up with television shows. I'm the person that watches all five seasons in one sitting or something like that.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? I'm sure Bold and the Beautiful is the longest running show ever. And the plots!
I love Mia and the Phoenix Wright games. Can't wait for the next one to be translated!