Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Birthday With Unfortunate Presents

So it's my birthday today. I am officially 24 years old now. Woo hoo! Now I can do...24 year-old stuff.

Things did not go so well for my birthday, however. I sprained my ankle in basketball practice, so now it's pretty swollen. I won't be able to play basketball again for a week or two.

So of course, the first birthday gift I got was a special basketball for making the San Jose Sems Basketball Team. D'oh!

Mom's gift, too, was rather unfortunate. For Christmas, Mom got me a four-pack of Nancy Drew games. For my birthday, she decided to get me a two different two-packs of Nancy Drew games...only she got me the exact same games as she did on Christmas.

My other gifts were some Wii Points cards so I can get the Wii-Ware Phoenix Wright game that comes out this week, a Latin book, and a Golden Snitch. Cool! Plus, the cake was yummy. So, injuries and unfortunate gifts aside, it was a pretty good birthday.

12 comments:

Danica Keeley said...

moms do that sometimes. its the thought that counts...right? haha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Paul said...

You play basketball, too?! Is there anything that Michael doesn't do?

Abby said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!! My birthday is January 30 so in 2 weeks 5 days so Saturday!!!!!! I'll be 12!!

Sweetsundae11 said...

Wow it's your birthday already??? Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Anyway the same Nancy Drew game problem happened with me, too. I got Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon at a garage sale a year ago for a buck - and the game did work well so it was a REALLY good deal - but then I got a 4-pack of Nancy Drew games including the Blue Moon Canyon one. Haha, oh well.

Roberta said...

your 24 yrs old?? cool!!! my b-day is coming up in a few days too!!! im gonna be 14 on january 19th!
whenever i got stuck on a nancy drew problem i ALWAYS look for YOUR walkthroughs u are hilarious!!! i am ur #1 fan! question: are u a christian?

izzy said...

Happy Birthday to you Michael.

Bobbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!

Alex C. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! may you have a long and prosperous life!!

Kira said...

Happy birthday, Michael! What were the Nancy Drew games that you got for your birthday (and Christmas, I guess)?

Michael Kelley said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
And, I wouldn't worry about the duplicate games... I always seem to lose my Nancy Drew games, so you can look at is as being a spare game. :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday :)

Miriam said...

Happy birthday! My youngest brother is 24, too, but he'll be 25 soon. I think. Er, maybe he'll be 24 soon...I uh...kinda forget.. >_>
Hehe, anyway, hope your ankle gets better soon! =)