Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back!

Hey, I'm back from the retreat! It was a silent retreat, which drove me crazy. On the second day, I got the strong desire to jump on top of the tables at dinner and sing Copa Cabana at the top of my lungs.

Fortunately, I don't know the words to the song, so everyone was spared from seeing me do a dance routine.

I wanted to do another hour of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but I'm still having audio/video sync issues, by jingo, so I did a walkthrough for another game: The Oregon Trail, one of my all time favorite games.

Oregon Trail (Part 1): Let's go Hunting!


Oregon Trail (Part 2): Everyone Gets Bitten By a Snake


Oregon Trail (Part 3): Nancy Drew Got Sick and Died


Personally, I am astounded I am the first one to make a video walkthrough for this game. It is a staple of my generation. When I talk to '90's kids, no matter which part of the country they're from, they all remember playing this game for hours on end.

8 comments:

Danica Keeley said...

OH MY GOSH. I do remember that game. wow. nice graphics for back in the day. haha

Miriam said...

Yay, you're back! I missed you and your blogging while you were gone.
(I decided to name the monkey I got for Christmas "Mr. Monkey" instead of "George", since I always name my monkeys George.)

Anonymous said...

hahaha the third video is funnny! haha when nancy dies your like: "no, no, no, it cant be, no, no, NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! i killed nancy drew!!! " lol

Anonymous said...

michael is this the second game or the first?? and does this work on a pc or mac?

Sweetsundae11 said...

Yeah, I SO remember that game... I remember naming the people after my family and I. In the end, my brothers had died along with me but before I had gotten all these diseases and stuff. When I died, I was like, "What? I died? NOOOOOOOO!!!"

Anonymous said...

I remember Amazon Trail. I don't think I had Oregon Trail

Michael Kelley said...

I loved this game. It was the first pc game I ever had and would play it for hours... Reaching Oregon, Starting Over, Reaching Oregon, Starting Over, Dying Before Reaching Oregon, Starting Over, and Reaching Oregon.... So Fun!

Anonymous said...

You should do that video of you dancing and singing to copacabana!