Thursday, December 10, 2009

More Walkthroughs

Today, there are two news items about my videogame walkthroughs.

1. My text walkthrough for Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion for the GBA has now been finished. This was very easy guide to write because the game is so short; in particular, Chapters 4 through 6 (which take about a minute to play) were all finished in a few paragraphs.

2. I probably should have mentioned this sooner, but it slipped my mind. My video walkthrough for Final Fantasy VI Advance has finally made it all the way to the end of the game. Currently, there are 111 videos in total. Needless to say, this game is super, super long.

FFVI Advance is widely considered by fans to be the best videogame ever made, which makes me seriously wonder if these people have actually played other games, because it's pretty bad. Nothing but wandering around and fighting random battles, just like every other Final Fantasy game. I gave the game a 1.5 in my official review.

To be fair, and to my utter surprise, the game actually did end up having an interesting plotline for a while. The problem is that doesn't happen until around video 40. So that's...what, seven hours into the game? Yeah. It takes seven hours of boring gameplay to get to the interesting stuff. Mean old Final Fantasy VI.

2 comments:

mariana said...

hey michael, i have a question. when i use cam studio, the screen gets all jumpy, like when i video myself doing a nancy drew game, when i watch the video i find out that the words that people are saying get all shaky and sometimes dissapear. what am i doing wrong??? please help!

Beth Harrison said...

hey michael, i have a question. when i use cam studio, the screen gets all jumpy, like when i video myself doing a nancy drew game, when i watch the video i find out that the words that people are saying get all shaky and sometimes dissapear. what am i doing wrong??? please help!