Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dreams

Some people think dreams are messages from the unconscious, but I personally think dreams are just random things that your brain picks out and spins together into some sort of narrative. Whenever I try to analyze a dream, I can usually look back on the day before and see what things triggered the various parts of my dream. I don't analyze my dreams that often, however. Usually, I just immediately forget them because they're weird, and I don't see the point in remembering them.

This morning, I woke up before my dream ended, which was really annoying, because I was dreaming I was one of the detectives in a Scooby Doo episode, and we were just about to figure out who set the T Rex loose in the auditorium. So I had to go back to sleep immediately to find out who the culprit was.

It turned out Johnny did it to try to cover up the fact that he had been stealing food for months, and he didn't want his boss to find out.

Of course, now I don't remember who Johnny is or what a T Rex has to do with anything, but at the time I woke up this morning, I thought it was really important to finish the dream.

2 comments:

Alex C. said...

I LOVE having vivid dreams. I keep track of the dreams that are that way, and I remember them. What types of dreams are your favorite?

Laura B. said...

I, too, have strange dreams ALL the time. It's a bit ridiculous. A few days ago I dreamt I was a polar bear who saved the life of a penguin from the jaws of a whale. Then, the two of us travelled the oceans (I had to hop across icebergs because penguins can swim much faster than polar bears) until we came across an Arctic Spa. Neither of us could afford it so we ate fish instead.