Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Christmas Letter from Professor Hotchkiss

I was going to write all of you a Nancy Drew story as a Christmas present, but I never finished it on time. You can still enjoy reading the story, though, right?

I was inspired by the Nancy Drew Facebook page, which had a prompt like "write a Christmas letter from one of the various Nancy Drew characters".

---

"Come on, Nancy," George said. "I thought we were going to go shopping!"

"Yeah," Bess said. "Didn't you say you still have to buy a gift for Ned?"

"Just a second, you two," Nancy told her best friends. "I have to finish some of these Christmas cards, and then we'll go."

Bess eyed the large pile of Christmas cards on Nancy's desk. "Since when do you know so many people?" she asked.

"Oh, you know me," Nancy said. "I travel around a lot."

Bess picked up a letter and read it aloud.

Dear Candy,

Thank you very much for all your help with my book on Marie Antoinette. As I told that newspaper reporter, I couldn't have done it without my faithful apprentice, Sandy! I'm busy working on my next book right now. It'll be a fascinating expose of life inside a manhole cover factory. You'll let me know if you uncover any juicy tidbits, won't you? Best holiday wishes!

Rock and roll, dear,
Beatrice Hotchkiss


"That's the nutty professor you were telling us about, right?" George asked. "The one from Wisconsin?"

"She's nice. She gave me a free signed copy of her book for Christmas last year," Nancy said.

"Yeah, but it was signed to Franny Crew," Bess said.

---

And that's all I wrote! I wanted to make it a longer story with more letters from different characters, but the only other letter I could think of was this one:

---

"Dear Nancy,
I was going to buy you a present, but I can't, because I'm in prison. All because of you.

Have a rotten Christmas,
Dwayne Powers."

"He sounds bitter," George said.

9 comments:

Alex C. said...

That story was really good!!! Have a happy new year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HaHa, I loved both of your stories!! My favorite is Dawyne Powers!

izzy said...

loved the story ; )

Michael Kelley said...

GREAT story!! Hey, I was doing some research on the Mayans for a new page on my website and one of the links lead me to a Sonny Joon story on Fanfiction.net by "Professor Snaglefoompus". Is that you? If so, that was a great story too! Sonny can't seem to hold a job!

Anonymous said...

You must like Treasure in the Royal Tower. That was my first Nancy Drew game, and I loved exploring Professor Hotchkiss's hotel room. I also liked the letter from Dwayne Powers ... it made me laugh. :-D

Anonymous said...

Bonne Année 2010 Michael!Toujours excellent votre blog!continuez...
Laure

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Stay tuned for Dwayne-ger!

Anonymous said...

laaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl! Omg Dwayne's a bitter little man, oh wait no thats the description of shorty, that brightend up my day.

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy,

I hope you have an or-ca va good time! Merry Christmas, Nancy!

-Andy Jason
(P.s. I still hate ya!)