Monday, November 2, 2009

Three Things

1. It's November, which means it's mustache-growing month. For those of you who don't know, every November, guys grow mustaches and beards for charity and to raise awareness about various male-only diseases like prostate cancer. That sounds like a good cause to support, right?

Okay, to be honest, I'm just lazy and like the idea of not having to shave for a month. So, everybody, get used to seeing scary, bearded Michael this month!

I'd show some pictures of me with facial hair here, but I don't want to scare any small children who may be reading this blog. You'll have to settle for seeing my Halloween costume for last year, which I included in my walkthrough for the Pagemaster game (skip to 4:05). Appropriately enough, it was included in the "Horror" section of the game.



2. I think only about two people are interested in this bit of news: I finished work with Seneca's Octavia, a Latin play written somewhere around the end of the first century.

The copy of the play, complete with an apparatus criticus and a commentary that refers to other classical works can be found at http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30345/30345-h/30345-h.htm

3. About three people have sent me emails, saying that the missing piece to the photograph of the man in Nancy Drew: White Wolf of Icicle Creek is inside the fishing hut, and you have to get it before the hut explodes.

I plan to see if this is the case...eventually. It'd require playing through the whole game again just to check that one thing, so I keep putting it off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael ... please please please can you do a video of the cello music Mel plays in Warnings at Waverly Academy? I loved all the songs she plays, but it'd be really cool if you could do a video of all of them! :-D

Miriam said...

There's people in my algebra 3-4 class that could do that "no shave November" thing. The guy I sit next to has a bit of a beard...

Ciara said...

Haha! That's funny!
But I totally know what you mean.
There's this guy at my school that has like a full on beard. 0_o