Monday, September 7, 2009

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Today is a holiday in my country, and thank goodness for the extra-long weekend! With the extra day, I was able to start and get all the way through the second Professor Layton game. It was pretty good, but just like the first game, the explanation they gave to solve the entire mystery was completely ridiculous. As in "everyone was a kangaroo is disguise" ridiculous.

I particularly liked the reappearance of Don Paolo, Professor Layton's wannabe arch-nemesis. It's funny because the villain is so intense and dramatic about defeating Professor Layton, whereas Layton's reaction is simiply, "Oh, there's that weird guy again."

I get the feeling that when Don became an evil genius, he decided he needed an an arch-nemesis, so he picked a name randomly out of a phone book.

The other reason why I enjoyed the Don Paolo reappearance scene was because of the voice acting. Lani Minella (voice of Nancy Drew) and Christopher Miller (voice of Professor Layton AND Don Paolo) did some cool voice-blending work.

Let's just hope we don't have to wait another two years for them to translate the already-finished third game into English.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey michael, did you see the movie the hangover???? you should watch it, its hillarious!!

Tallulah said...

How did you find out what the girl who voices Nancy Drew's name is? I would very much like to know.

Michael Gray said...

Tallulah, her name appears in the credits of all the Nancy Drew games, which is how I know her name.

Tallulah said...

Oh, I feel a bit silly now. I probably should have known that. Oops!