Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Michael Offends Sega

When Sega produced Nancy Drew: White Wolf of Icicle Creek for the Wii last year, they sent me a free review copy. I like getting free games, and I like the Nancy Drew series, so I decided to make the review extra-special by filming a video review, not just writing a review.

If you haven't seen the review I did, here it is:



Recently I wondered, "Hey, why hasn't Sega sent me a free review copy of Her Interactive's Hardy Boys DS game that they produced?" So I checked in with Paul, my semi-boss when it comes to videogame stuff, and he says that Sega's PR person didn't like my review. Specifically, Paul shared this part of the email from Sega with me:

"Sorry that your reviewer didn’t enjoy the game…his score is actually drastically lower than any other score we’ve received so far."

Ouch! I guess that means no more free games from Sega for me!

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Oh noes D: I'm thinking about trying that Hardy Boys game too...

Anonymous said...

hey have u heard of a SEGA game called Derby Owners Club World Edition? i loves it, but its only availible at game centers

Anonymous said...

Awww, that was kind of mean and harsh of them to say that.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I meant to add something else too. I think u did really well on it and u deserve more!:)

Tallulah said...

Aw! That's so rude! Poop on them.

Alie-oop said...

so, wait, is the reviewer you or the person who received your review?
I can actually understand why they only made one Wii game for Nancy Drew. It must have been a demo to see how well it would do. I guess they got a lot of bad reviews that Her Interactive thought it would be a bad idea to have more. I wish they could, though; when I first played the game on Wii, I had some trouble, but LOADS of fun. I love the new stuff in it.